Chapter 38 Serafina

What?” he cried. Ms. Daisy was silent before she spoke. “She’s gone,” Ms. Daisy said. “Orrin…” she began but was cut off. “Serafina stay right there I’ll be home in ten minutes!” he cried and then the line went dead. Ms. Daisy hung up the phone and leaned against the doorway.”Why is this happening?” she thought. For a moment she got a flashback before she shook her head. She pulled out two mugs out of the cupboard and then proceeded to make some hot chocolate. A few minutes after, she entered the living room and presented the mugs to Jenna and Drew. She sat back in the large armchair near to the coffee table and looked at Jenna. Jenna was on the edge of her seat, with her hands gripping the mug till her knuckles showed white. “Jenna dear perhaps it’s best if you take some rest when you’re finished having your chocolate,” Ms. Daisy said.

            Jenna looked up dazed. “I think so to,” drew said, “I’ll take her home.” “No,” Jenna began. “Jenna,” Ms. Daisy said, “Please I promise to call when I get some news.” Jenna persisted. “I wouldn’t want to let your friend here keep from changing,” Ms. Daisy said and smiled. Jenna blushed and then nodded. “Ok, I’ll go but please call me,” Jenna said. Ms Daisy smiled and then the room was silent. It was like an ominous blanket had been thrown over the room. After a while Drew stood up. Jenna stood and then nodded to Ms. Daisy. “We’ll be going thanks so much for everything,” Jenna said, “Please call me.” Ms. Daisy smiled and then nodded. She escorted them to the door and then looked on as they made their way to the car. She stared after them as the car disappeared around the curb and then locked the door before making her way back to the armchair. She settled in and then lay her head back.

            “Serafina,” someone called. “Ms. Daisy looked up and saw a woman she thought she would never see again. She was of average height with long raven black hair and was wearing a long yellow peasant dress. She had some letters in her hand. Ms. Daisy looked at her and noticed that she was wearing a faint smile. “Amelia,” Ms. Daisy said. The woman smiled and came closer. Ms. Daisy looked around and saw that she was sitting in the armchair near to a roaring fire. “Serafina, they wrote to me again,” the woman said. “No Amelia, this time you’re going to tell Orrin,” Ms. Daisy said. Amelia shook her head. “I can’t Serafina I want him to know how happy I am here, he deserves that much after all he’s been through,” Amelia said. “But you must Amelia,” Ms. Daisy said. Amelia smiled and then touched her stomach. “I’ll make a promise I’ll tell him when our baby is born,” she said. Ms. Daisy nodded. “What do you think it is a boy or a little girl for our Janey to play with?” Amelia asked. Ms. Daisy smiled. “I don’t know Amelia but if destiny has its way you will know in due time.” Amelia laughed and then clutched her stomach. The scene shifted and then she was before an accident. Amelia had now finished buying something, it looked like cake. She was walking to the car. She opened the door and something fluttered down.

            She held on to the door as she tried to reach it. Her stomach was large only a little more time before a new member would be added to their family. She finally picked up the paper. She turned it over and instantly her face paled. She leaned back on the car door and opened it. The words before her seemed to make her freeze. She inhaled. Ms. Daisy saw her reach for her stomach. A red car began to come down the street. Ms. Daisy did not take much notice of it until she noticed that there was no driver. Before she could warn Amelia however it rammed into Amelia’s car. Amelia cried out and fell forward. Her stomach crashed into the side walk. A scream ripped through the air. The car rode up on the side walk and then tumbled on top of her. Ms. Daisy cried out and tried to run but she couldn’t she felt helpless. She looked on as people ran out from the store nearby and then the image faded. “Serafina,” someone called. She opened her eyes and gazed up at two orange colored eyes. She shook her head and then saw Orrin. He was looking at her like she was having a heart attack.