Chapter 20 The confrontation

Jane awoke the next morning with a smile, “things were going to be different today,” she thought. She bathed, brushed her teeth and actually spent some time looking for a decent suit to put on. She finally settled on a pair of blue jeans and a red beaded vest with her matching denim jacket. She got out a pair of blue flats and then picked out a pair of simple silver hoop earrings with embossed workings. She combed her hair into a high pony tail and then grabbed her bag. She made her way to the kitchen. “Why Jane dear is that you?” Ms. Daisy joked. Jane smiled. “You look wonderful dear,” she said. “Thanks Ms. Daisy after all you were the one who bought these in the first place,” Jane replied motioning to clothes. Ms. Daisy smiled. Jane sat down to her usual bowl of cereal and milk. She was almost done when a car honked its’ horn outside. Ms. Daisy went and came back smiling. “Ah Jane it’s your nice friend Jason, he came to pick you up because he thinks that you may not be well enough to walk to school.

            Jane smiled. “He thinks he’s so smart,” Jane thought. Jane smiled and grabbed her backpack before trudging down the steps and out the gates. Ms. Daisy smiled and looked on. Jason got out of the car and did little to hide his surprise on seeing her. Jane snickered. He shook his head and opened the door for her before getting behind the wheel. They drove off. “What a gentleman,” Ms. Daisy thought. Jane snuggled into the seat. “You look beautiful,” Jason said. She smiled. “Thanks,” she replied. “So can I kiss you?” he asked. Jane smirked. “I’m afraid not,” she said. His eyes furrowed. “Why not?” he asked. “Because I’m not letting you,” she returned. He smirked. “We’ll see,” he said. They saw Jenna waiting on the curb. “Hey isn’t that your friend?” Jason asked. Jane nodded. “She’s so going to kill me, she’s still waiting for me,” Jane said. Jason smirked. “No problem,” he said. He slowed down the car and honked his horn. Jenna looked up. She seemed confused. “Come on Jen!” Jane shouted. She cautiously approached the car and saw Jane. Still wearing a confused look she got in. “Hi Jen,” Jane said. “Hi,” Jenna said a bit unsurely. Jason looked at Jane smirked. The ride was a bit awkward.

            When they got to school, Jason gave Jane a quick kiss before letting her leave the car. She pouted. Jenna seemed stupefied. He smiled and drove off for a parking place. Jenna at once turned to her. “Am I missing something?” she asked. Jane smiled. “Well Jen it seems that what we saw was pretty much not the truth, Jason confessed.” Jane said. “And you believe him,” Jenna said. “I gave him one more chance,” she replied. “Jenna smiled then I guess I will too,” she said. “By the way you look nice,” she said. “Who bought the clothes?” Jane smirked. “Ms. Daisy who else,” she said. Jenna’s eyes grew wide. “It’s a miracle,” she said. Jane swatted her arm. Jenna smiled and they walked to their lockers. They passed by a group of footballers and several called out her name. Jane blushed. “She’s mine,” someone said. Jane spun around and saw Jason glowering at them. She froze. Jenna pulled her away. “Reality check,” she said. Jane smiled. “Sorry Jen.”

            Jenna smiled. “It’s ok I can see that you’re in love,” she said. Jane smiled. They made their way to their lockers. Jenna left her and made her way to hers. She collected her books and was about to walk towards Jenna when she bumped into someone. She looked up and saw the person she did not want to encounter. Clad in a form fitting red knee length dress and thigh high black boots stood Bonnie. She gazed at Jane a moment before speaking. “So you’re the one that stole my boyfriend,” she said. Jane was speechless. “Wait I know you, you’re that nerdy girl from my Spanish class, oh my gosh I can’t believe it, Jason rejected me for you, I can’t believe it but Ms. Nerd I’ll just like to let you know that me and Jason we’re mates and nothing can break us apart you hear me,” She said. She pushed Jane against her locker and proceeded down the hall. “Jane, Jane are you alright?” Jenna asked. Jane shook her head. She couldn’t believe what she had just heard. “I’m sorry Jenna,” she said while running down the hall towards the gym.