Chapter 35 One more chance

“No please!” Jenna begged. Ms. Daisy looked at her. She looked pale in the dim light of the porch. Jenna looked at her pleading with her eyes. “Jenna I know you girls but I…” “Ms. Daisy,” Jenna cut in, “Just give us another chance we’ll find her and bring her back, if I know Jane she’s probably still in school,” Jenna said trying to convince herself. Ms. Daisy nodded and was silent for a moment. “Ok Jenna, You have one chance, I know you girls and I don’t think anything of this sort would ever happen but I’ll give that chance however if you can’t fin her I’ll have to call her father,” Ms. Daisy said. Jenna looked at Drew. She didn’t know how she would find Jane but heck if it took all night she would do it. “Who knows what she could be going through,” Jenna thought.

            “Thank you so much Ms. Daisy,” Jenna said. Ms. Daisy nodded. Drew clasped her hand and led her away from the house. Jenna sighed. “We have to find her Drew, you know that,” she said. He nodded. They got in the car and he started the engine. “We will,” he said. They drove off as Ms. Daisy looked on. “Dear, dear Jane, I hope that you’re safe I only hope you’ve not gone where I think, if Orrin comes to know who knows what will happen,” she thought. She shook her head and opened the door. After a deep breath she threaded in and made for the dining hall. “There was only one thing left to do now, wait, wait for a sign hopefully Jenna returned with Jane or else heavens help us,” Ms. Daisy thought. 

Drew drove back to the school. Within ten minutes they had arrived. Jenna had gripped the seat so hard her knuckles had practically turned white. “Hey, relax Jen we’ll find her, I promise,” Drew said while making a cross over his heart. Jenna smiled weakly. “Come on,” she said and threw open the door. They ambled out and made for the school. Jenna looked around. The party was still in swing. They entered the hall and started to ask around. Jenna spotted Bonnie. She was huddled behind a group of her populars and what was this? Jenna stared as Bonnie laughed and someone caught her chin. “No way Brad Johnston, could she get any more serious?” Jenna thought. So there they were Brad Johnston, one of the football players and Jason’s friend. “She’s really lives up to her name, Bitch,” Jenna thought. She turned aside and scanned the crowd. Nothing. Frustrated she joined Drew by the punch table. After a quick drink they left the hall and made their way outside.

            “Did you see Bonnie?” Jenna asked. Drew nodded solemnly. “For Jason’s so called mate she sure loves partying it up with some of his friends Jenna said. Drew shook his head. “What’s wrong?” Jenna asked. He shook his head. “Just tell me,” she insisted. “He’s marked her,” Drew said. Jenna could have fainted. “He what?” she cried. “You heard me,” he said. “But I I, “It must have been when he kissed her in the parking lot,” drew interrupted. Jenna shook her head. “So you saw her mark?” Jenna asked. “No,” Drew replied. Jenna looked at him puzzled. “I felt it,” he said. She stopped in her tracks. “You what?” she asked. “I felt it,” he said. “But,” she said. He smiled. “What the heck?”She thought. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you but once you’re part of the pack once someone get’s his mate everyone else gets a feeling it’s weird, kind of it’s like the bond we share in our thoughts is also present when one of us finds our mate,” he finished. “I didn’t know that,” Jenna said.

            “Wait but then did everyone get that feeling when you found me?” Jenna asked. Drew smiled. “Wow, just wow,” Jenna said, “But I’m not part of the pack.” “Well I am,” he said. She smirked and then her thoughts rushed on Jane. “Jane who never shifted, when would she find her mate?” Jenna thought. She shook her head and looked at Drew. “Wit Drew,” Jenna said, “Does that mean we have an alpha female now?” Jenna asked. Drew smiled. “Nope, Jason’s not an alpha you know his dad still is,” Drew said. Jenna nodded and then stood straight. “Jane,” she said. Jason grabbed her hand and they walked away.