𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

I'll always come back for you, darling.
— SIMON RILEY

     "What is the first thing you want to do as Simon?" The question lingers in the air. It is like a cloud in my sky, one that has never been there before and I see it now, bright and clear. The answer might be on the other side, but for a long moment, I give myself time to reflect on it. To understand what it is like to be Simon.

Simon Riley.

The little boy who went through a shitty childhood. The boy who was present when his family was being torn apart. The teenager who grew up not knowing what emotions were, what being loved was. The man who came back from the death.

Am I scared to go back? To go back to being that Simon Riley? The more I think about the answer, the more I lean towards yes. Because, who am I kidding? The idea of being that broken piece of person again scares me. And it is still a possibility that I could go back, because in the end, that's all I have ever known. That's the place where Ghost came from. The mask protected me, helped me, controlled me, numbed me, and leaving it behind meant that I could be broken again.

So I look at the woman next to me, her question swallowed by silence, and I think... She is the most precious thing that has ever come my way. And after all this time, I still can't comprehend why she'd chosen this path with me. How this beautiful woman has somehow understood me when even I didn't get myself. I know I don't deserve her, but each day I'm working hard to make myself worthy of her love.

I think... I think I get it now. Am I scared to go back to being broken again? Not anymore. Because, as long as I'm with her, I'm never going back to that hole. As long as I'm with her, everything will be fine. And for the first time in my entire life, I understand what it is like to be Simon.

This Simon Riley, the one I choose to be, is the man fighting for happiness with the woman he loves. This is the man who thought he was never getting out of the hole he dug himself into, but was instead so clearly wrong, because right now, he was so very far away from it.

So I pull the woman next to me closer to my body, wrapping my arms around her and resting my forehead on hers. "Make love to you, slow and deep."

She smiles, knowing that's not my final answer and it is only the beginning. "Then?"

I lean closer, dropping my voice very low. "Fuck you, hard and fast."

She sighs, a happy and drunk in lust sigh that tells me how much she likes that answer, but it's still not the end of it. "Then?"

"Marry you, Valentina, and love you life after life."

And that, right there, is my final answer.

*ೃ༄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃