𝐂𝐇. 01

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐑𝐀
༻❁༺

Los Angeles, California.

     Music was everything to me. I just found that out after being in a helicopter for an hour with nothing to do. I was watching the view, and I didn't even notice myself singing in my head until the pilot spoke through the headphones.

And when I came back to singing in my head, I realized I'd kill to listen to Artic Monkeys. I got anxious, realized I was biting my nails, and I had to get a snack, or else I was going to jump out of the heli.

I was already on the jet in my seat when my leg started pumping up and down. Queen or Los Prisioneros? I was very fond of Los Prisioneros because they were from my country, but I also loved Queen because I grew up with that.

I groaned.
I'd stick to Los Prisioneros.

"I apologize for asking you to fly over so suddenly," Kate spoke in her seat across from me. I hadn't even noticed her, too lost in my thoughts. That always happened when they called.

"I missed you, too."

Kate chuckled. "What's on your mind this time?"

"Music."

"Stick to Queen."

I scowled and rolled my eyes at her, leaning back against my seat. "You always know everything, don't you? But let me tell you, I'm sticking to Los Prisioneros this time."

"Queen is superior."

"Agree to disagree." I wasn't going to change her mind and I didn't want to accept it. To be honest, if Los Prisioneros would've been more popular, they would have gotten really far.

But Queen?
Shit.
Fine.
Fine.
Queen was superior.

Kate gasped in disbelief. "Okay."

Suddenly, something exciting came into my mind and I couldn't do anything but jump right into it. "Have you ever watched Sudamerican Rockers? God, Kate, that show is brilliant! It's beautiful! I've watched it about five times now and you should too, eh."

"What's it about?"

"Los Prisioneros."

Kate began laughing. How dared she disrespect me? It was a really great show about the band's life. "Alright, alright," she brought her hands up in surrender, "no need to pull a bullet in my head, Val."

Was I glaring? Of course, I was. I relaxed back in my seat and grinned at her. "I wouldn't dare, my dearest friend. But trust me though, it's a really good show."

"I'm sure about that. You have great taste."

I gasped. Getting a compliment from Kate Laswell? The day was getting weirder by the second. I placed a hand on my chest. "Why, thank you."

"Once the mission is successfully done, the first thing I'm doing with my wife is watching that show. What was the name again?"

"Sudamerican Rockers."

"Alright! First thing, friend."