Visiting Fuyuhiko

Kazuichis pov

"Huff huff" I panted heavily as I reached the hospital. After several hours of intense labour and strained wrists I finally finished the communicator. Now I just need to deliver it.

Fuyuhiko appeared with a mildly concerned expression "da fuck are you doing here dumbass. What part of extremely contagious don't you understand!"

"Special delivery!" I said brightly "it's a communication device. It will let you talk to us without risk of spreading the disease"

"Well fuck me. I guess you're not as stupid as you look" he chuckled as he took the communicator "well I'll be going. You shouldn't hang around longer than you need to"

"You and mahiru have been spending a lot of time together" I said, making him pause mid step "how've you been getting along"

"Not as terribly as I thought" he muttered softly "she apologised to me. It was nice but it doesn't make up for the part she played in my little sister's death"

"She can't change what she did but you can't hold that over her head forever" I said pleadingly "fuyuhiko you're going to end up miserable if you keep holding on to those grudges"

"I'm a yakusa kaz. Grudges are all I know" he said calmly.

"But it doesn't have to be" I took a step forward "I could teach you to be more forgiving and you could teach me to be more brave. We could help each other, just like friends do"

"Heh" he cracked a smile "you're a real sweet kid kaz. I don't think I've ever met anyone like you before. You should get going. Like I said we don't need you getting sick"

"Right" I turned around and walked away with a smile. I think I'm finally getting through to him.