Trying To Spend Time With Him

Fuyuhikos pov

I headed up the stairs and into fuyuhikos room. Mikan says he's stable now but I still want to see for myself. Funny a couple of days ago I would have been avoiding him like the plague. It's weird what this killing game's doing to me.

I opened the door to find fuyuhiko sitting in bed in a trance. I knocked on the door a couple of times to get his attention "hey buddy. Hope you don't mind having a visitor"

"Naw come on in" he muttered. I nodded and took a seat. We sat in silence until "I'm surprised you even came to visit me"  fuyuhiko chuckled softly "I've been nothing but an ass to you"

"It's true we never really got along but it doesn't mean I'd stand by when you're treated so unfairly. It goes against my code" I folded my arms "what mahiru said to you was wrong. You're not responsible for Peko's choices. She should have known how much peko meant to you"

"Thanks kid" he smiled softly "you're a good guy. Better than most. I'll take your name off my hit list"

"Hit list?" I did a double take. I must have misheard him.

"I had it all planned out. I'd fulfil pekos final wish and reconcile with everyone before joining her myself but those bastards. They weren't mourning her at all!" He slammed his fist down angrily "they sent her to his death and they couldn't even give so much as a sorry for your loss! I'll play nice for now but once I get off this island their days are numbered" with that he took off.

"Fuyuhiko wait!" I ran after him only to bump into mahiru.

"You were right kazuichi. I feel terrible for how I treated fuyuhiko. I need to apologise-"

"That's great mahiru but I got a bit of a situation here" I patted her shoulder before taking off after fuyuhiko.