you make me sick

The way he looked at me made tears instantly start rolling down my cheeks,

He looked so hurt and sorry. Like this wasn't supposed to happen this way.

I pushed past him and made my way down the driveway, ignoring my mother's cries.

I calmed my breathing and got in the car before pulling my phone out.

I immediately called the one person who could calm me down.

"Daddy? Did you know?"

"Did I know what, princess?"

"That mom was setting me up? She didn't tell me where we were going and ended up taking me to Anthony's house."

He stayed silent and sighed angrily before finding the correct words to reply with.

"I told Gloria to leave it alone. I told her to let you two handle it on your own."

"Daddy, I'm ready to get out here. New Orleans is killing me."

"I hear you, sweetheart. It's gonna be okay. Hey, I have to go. I'll see you later. I love you."

"I love you, daddy."

We hung up and I took more deep breaths as my mother got in.

"Are you ready to go home?" I looked out the window and she sighed before turning on the car.

She pulled out of the driveway and silently drove out of the neighborhood.

"You're overreacting, Gia. You know, your sister really felt bad about what just happened." My jaw dropped and I shook my head in disbelief.

"I'm overreacting!? Mom, you just made me sit in a room with my sister who's pregnant with my husband's child! I don't think I'm overreacting. I'm hurting."

After a few minutes of silence, I looked at her again.

"Did you know the whole time? Did you know that she was with Anthony before me and got pregnant by him multiple times?"

She didn't reply back, so I kept my eyes on the road.

As a great boyfriend should, Eric listened to me cry and comforted me throughout the night.

I wasn't crying over Anthony. I cried because my mother hurt me. Again.

"I know Gracie's her favorite, but she didn't have to do me like that." I looked up at him and he dabbed my cheeks with a Kleenex before smoothing my hair back.

"I just don't understand why it's like that. It's always been this way. You know what I mean?" He nodded and kissed my forehead before kissing my lips.

"Why don't you stay with me for the next few days? That'll give you two some space and more time for me to get your mind off of her, if you know what I mean." I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled as he started to kiss my shoulder.

Leave it to Eric to make me feel like I'm worthy. He's too good for me.

"That sounds great to me, baby. I'm so lucky to have you. You have no idea how much I love you." I caressed his cheek and kissed his plump lips before straddling his lap.

"Being in love with someone as incredible as you is a true blessing." I poked out my bottom lip and hugged him tightly.

"Eric, I should've been with you in the first place. All of this shit never would've happened." He rubbed my sides and leaned back on the headboard.

We sat in silence for a few minutes and I thought about all that's happened to me within the last year.

"Stop overthinking. I know that look, G. Thinking about what happened will eat you alive. You'll never be able to move on." I looked at him and sighed before nodding.

He smiled and placed his hands on my face before kissing me.

"Thank you, sweetness. Hey, let's stop talking about them and let's talk about us." I tilted my head and bit my bottom lip.

"Let's not talk at all." Before I could respond, he roughly kissed me and held me tightly as he laid me on my back.

"Eric, you can't be serious." I couldn't contain my laughter as he kissed my neck softly.

"You're such a horny person." I closed my eyes and softly raked my nails across his back, earning soft groans from him.