daddy?

The process of planning the wedding has been so stressful and I'm emotional everyday. I've been eating my feelings.

Anthony hasn't said anything about my slight weight gain, but I know he's noticed. He can't keep his hands off of me, as usual.

The wedding is officially a week away and the bridal party decided to throw me a small bridal shower/dinner.

Anthony thinks I'm lying, but I don't want strippers. I told him he can have a few at his party and he better not do anything stupid.

"Anthony, how does this dress look on me?" I looked up at him and he smiled approvingly.

"You look good, baby. Your hips-"

"I know, they're huge. If I could only imagine why." I smirked at him and leaned up for a kiss.

"I won't be out too long, Ant. I'll see you later." He kissed me again and tapped my butt before I walked out the door.

"Here comes the bride!" My girls waited outside of the stretch Hummer with their arms wide open and I laughed as I hugged all of them.

"Ant's sisters couldn't make it, but they send their love and gifts. You'll get the gifts later." I frowned and sighed before looking back at my house.

I had a gut feeling that something was wrong, so I excused myself to go check on Anthony.

"Baby!?" I stood at the bottom of the staircase and waited for Anthony to come down.

"Honey, is everything okay?" He slipped his phone into his pocket and shook his head.

"It's your dad. He's in the hospital, Gia. We gotta go." My face fell and I exhaled sharply, making my way outside to tell the girls what's going on.

I told them to go on and have dinner without me, but they wanted to come support me.

We made our way to the hospital quickly and I immediately spotted my mother waiting at the entrance.

Anthony and I got out of the car and I ran to my mother, hugging her tightly as I tried not to cry.

My bridal party waited in the waiting room for us.

"He's gonna be okay, sweetheart." I nodded and we walked in to go see my daddy.

"She said he's gonna be alright, G. Please don't cry, babe." Anthony hugged me tightly as my mother rubbed my back.

"What happened?" We stopped at the door of my dad's room and I looked at my mother with watery eyes.

"He had a heart attack. He's stable now. It's safe to say he's been so stressed from everything that's been going on with your sister and he hasn't been taking care of himself like he should've been."

I gasped and let Anthony hug me again. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back.

"He's fine, baby doll. I promise you, he's fine." She opened the door and walked in timidly.

"Anthony, baby, I can't go in there." I looked up at him and shook my head, whimpering softly.

He placed his hands on my face and softly kissed my forehead before kissing my lips as he wiped my tears away with his thumbs.

I placed my hands on his and kissed back, immediately calming down after he pulled back.

"He's my father-in-law and you're my wife, baby. I have to be here for him and you. Y'all are my family."

I bit my lip and nodded before kissing him again. "How did I end up with such an amazing husband like you?"

He took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders, kissing my forehead before opening the door.

"God was behind this. He did this. He put us together for a reason. You're my soulmate and I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you. I love you."

I smiled and nodded before grabbing his hand. "I love you more."