Chapter 25- Odd Looking Female

Audre heard the river before they arrived. She also heard another sound that she honestly never thought she missed. The sound of a people.

     Audre wasn't much of a social butterfly, but even still the sound of people chatting brought her some comfort and even reminded her of home. Although to her dismay, as they grew close enough to see the other beast men, the Jaguar grabbed her hand and led her in a different direction.

     "What are you doing?" Audre said pulling away. "The river is over there."

     "But we aren't looking for the river. We're looking for the heart flower." The Jaguar said.

     "Why don't we look over there?" Audre asked pointing at the group of beast men that were gathered around the river. Audre had even spotted some females in the group.

     The Jaguar cringed when he heard Audre's question. "I don't think it'll be over there."

     Audre shrugged. "Me either, but we can ask if someone has seen something like it."

     Audre darted off toward the river without looking back, and the Jaguar cursed behind her as he followed.

     Audre slowed as she grew closer, and her anxiety grew into a tangled knot in her stomach. 

     'Aren't females in beast world manhwa mean?  What if they try to set me up or attack me like the females in the manhwa do?'

     "Are you alright?" the Jaguar asked. His voice filled both with concern and hope.

     "Just nervous," Audre said as she rubbed her hands on her sides. "Not great with meeting people. At least not when I have time to think about it."

     "We don't have to go over there." the Jaguar said hopefully.

     Audre shook her head. "Nope, still going."

     ' They may end up being helpful. Or at least I hope so.'

     Audre took a deep breath to calm her nerves and walked over to three females who were conversing with each other. But as she approached Audre quickly found that the females were both tall and stunning. Even in the modern world, they would catch the eyes of many. Audre couldn't find a flaw in them at all. Compared to them Audre felt rather short and ugly. Like a troll.

     'Maybe they'll pity me and be nice.'

     The females had stopped their conversation when they saw Audre approach and looked down at her with frowns of confusion and curiosity as if she were some small strange creature.

     Despite the odd looks, Audre introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Audre."

     "You must be that new female." the female that spoke was tall with coily dark hair and pale green eyes. She had the striped tail and ears of a tiger.

     "Yeah, that's me," Audre said nervously.

     'So far so good.'

     Another female that looked to be from the wolf tribe got uncomfortably close to Audre. "You look so odd."

     'Or not!'

     "Excuse me?" Audre said.

     "What is that thing on your back." the third female who looked to be from the lion tribe pointed.

     "It's a bag," Audre said.

     The lion tribe female poked at Audre's backpack curiously. " I've never seen a bag like this."

     "It may look different but it's still a bag," Audre explained.

     "What're those things on your feet." Asked the tiger female.

     "And what kind of clothes are those?" The wolf tribe said as she continued to bombared her space.

     'Perhaps this was a mistake.'