Chapter 15- Another World?

Vadon POV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Nothing could seem to break Vadon's cheery demeanor as he headed back to the tree hole with the water basin. Not the evil eyes that he was getting from other males, not the rumors of attacks amongst the villagers, not even the fact that he knew Ryker was likely watching from afar could ruin his mood.

     Vadon smiled down at the floating flowers he had added to the water. He knew females liked to add them for bathing because of their fragrance so he was sure to pick them even though it was a little out of the way.

     'If the other females like them, I'm sure Audre would like the addition of the sweet-smelling flowers as well.'

     When Vadon arrived back at the tree hole, he removed the leaves and carefully carried the water basin inside. A cheery smile was on his face but that quickly changed when he saw Audre.

     As soon as he entered the tree hole, he was met by an intense glare from the little female who was now sitting cross-legged in the middle of their home.

     'What did I do?'

     "We need to talk," she said.

    "Talk about what?" Vadon asked nervously.

    Audre didn't break her glare. "You should sit down for this."

     Vadon nervously sat down and set the water basin beside him. What could Audre want to talk about? The matter seemed serious.

    For a while, Audre just glared at him with her arms crossed. Vadon grew more nervous with each passing second of silence, but he was too afraid to say anything.

     'How did I make her so angry?'

     Finally, Audre broke the silence. "I didn't lose my memory."

     "Huh?" That was the last thing Vadon expected Audre to say. He didn't know whether to be relieved or confused. In the end, he settled on both. "You didn't lose your memories?"

     "No," she sighed. "I didn't."

     "Why did you lie about your memories?" Vadon asked. Vadon was sure Audre had her reasons but still felt uneasy about it.

     "Well, I lied because I'm not from here," she said.

     "Alright?" Vadon was still confused. It was obvious that she wasn't from the village. After all, she did just arrive. "Where are you from?"

     "Well, you see, that's the thing." Audre laughed. "I'm from another world."

     "Do you mean that you are from one of the beast king cities? If so-"

     "No." Audre interrupted. "I'm not from there."

     Vadon gasped. "So, you are saying that you are from the Mystic Clans across the sea!"

     "No, I'm not saying that either!" Audre took a deep breath then spoke again. "I'm saying that I'm from a totally different world than you can even understand. Maybe a different universe even."

     Audre grabbed her bag that was at her side and dumped its contents onto the ground. She picked up an odd book and held it in the air. "Exhibit A! A wilderness survival book."

     Audre pushed the book toward Vadon for him to see. Confused, Vadon picked up the book.

     'What's this book supposed to do?'