Chapter 24- Mistake

When the Jaguar turned around, Audre could see the pitiful look on his face.

     'So, I was right.'

       Audre was getting tired of being right about these stupid situations, not to mention that the Jaguar's pitiful face was starting to piss her off.

     "So what? Did you think hiding me from other males would make me accept you as your mate or something!?" Audre shouted as she stormed away from the Jaguar.

     Audre heard the quick tapping of footsteps as the Jaguar jogged up behind her. "Audre no. I-

     Audre turned on her heels to face the Jaguar. "Oh! so you thought that I would just start canoodling with some random male huh?"

     The Jaguar's face tightened into a grimace as if he knew his following words would be a mistake. "Maybe? Depends on what canoodling means."

     It was a mistake.

     Audre took a step forward and stood on her toes to get in the Jaguar's face. "Look you stupid Jaguar, I'm not here to flirt with males or start a family! I'm trying to go home!"

     The Jaguar held his hands up defensively as he looked in either direction. "Quiet down. What if Ryker hears."

     "Screw that Brad-looking leopard!" Audre shouted.

     "You're not even making sense anymore."

     Audre angrily kicked dirt up at the Jaguar's feet. "Look you can either help me or just get out of my freaking way!"

     Audre stormed off, not even caring if she was going in the right direction.

     'I'll do this alone if I have to. No one's going to stop me from finding a way to get out of this mess!'

     The Jaguar ran ahead of her and stopped in her path. "Audre wait."

     Audre went around him without stopping.

     "Wait, I'm sorry." The Jaguar said as he kept pace beside her. "Also, we are going the wrong way."

    Audre stopped and glared at him suspiciously. 'Not sure if he was lying or not.'

    "You can stop with the glare. I'm not lying this time," he said defensively. "I'll show you the right way this time."

     Audre's glare deepened.

     "If I don't, I'll let you hit me with a rock or something. Alright?" the Jaguar said.

     Audre crossed her arms. "I'll do it for real."