Chapter 20- Toe Beans

Note from the Author: This is a filler chapter not related much to the storyline. Please enjoy.

     The sun had just risen, and the soft morning light filtered through the leaves that covered the tree hole. Audre yawned as she rubbed her eyes.

     'Another morning in the beast world. Can't wait to wake up in an actual bed again.'

     Audre's hair fell over her face, and already she could see the blades of grass that were once again tangled in her coily hair. Grumbling, she attempted to pluck out the grass, but she knew that she likely would not get it all. Not to mention that her hair was so poofy and frizzy because she did not have anything to properly take care of it.

     'I would kill to just have a hair tie right now. Maybe if I can make a comb, I could braid it.'

    Audre began looking for her backpack. It was doubtful, but she thought that maybe she would be able to find info on making combs in her wilderness survival book. It was at least worth a look.

     After scouring the tree hole, she found that her backpack was missing. Under the animal skins? Nope. With the utensils? Nada. Outside? Not to be seen.

     'Where did it go? This place isn't big, so how can it be lost!?'

     Audre was about to panic before she thought of looking in one more place. Audre made her way back inside the tree hole and looked at the Jaguar who was still curled up on the other side of the tree hole fast asleep in his beast form.

     Audre slowly crept up to the Jaguar, careful not to wake him up. She quietly stepped around the Jaguar, looking to see if he was laying on her backpack. To her disdain, she had found the strap of her backpack, poking out from underneath him.

    'Just great.'

    Audre grabbed the strap of the backpack and gave it a tug, but the bag did not budge. She tugged harder, but to no avail.

    'Stupid cat is way too heavy.'

    Audre grabbed the strap with both her hands and took a tug-of-war stance, and with all her might she pulled. She tugged and tugged and began to feel the bag moving from underneath the Jaguar.

    "Almost there," Audre grunted.

   Just then, the Jaguar turned over, suddenly freeing the backpack which caused Audre to tumble and fall backward.

    Audre sat up and rubbed her arm. "Ow."

     Audre glared at the sleeping Jaguar. 'He couldn't have moved earlier?'

    So early in the morning, Audre was already getting frustrated, but then her eyes fixated on the Jaguar's large paws, and she could only think of one thing.

    'Toe Beans!'

    Audre had an innate love for cats. A love that she had shoved down since coming to the beast world. She didn't have a cat of her own, but she always fussed over her roommate's cat, Milo, and the one thing she loved about cats the most was their little toe beans.

    Audre felt a buzz throughout her entire body like she was going to burst from a cuteness overload.

    Audre shook her head. 'No Audre, get a hold of yourself. He's not a cat. He's a Jaguar beast man. I have to get a hold of myself. I have to... I have to... I HAVE TO TOUCH THEM!'

    Audre quietly crawled over to the sleeping Jaguar. She got close enough for the Jaguar to be within arm's reach. She peered at the Jaguar's face.

    'Still sleeping.'

    Slowly, she reached over to touch his paw, then she peered at the Jaguar's face again.

    'Still asleep.'

    She then scooted closer and lifted his paw so she could see the cute pads underneath.

    'More adorable than I could imagine. Can die happy.'

    Audre squished the pads of his paws and was so enveloped with cuteness that she temporarily forgot everything else.

      That was until she looked up for a moment and was met by the confused yellow eyes of the Jaguar.

    *blink *blink

    "Sorry!" Audre said as she dropped his paw. "It's not what you think, I was just- um. I gotta go read!"

    Audre grabbed her backpack and quickly crawled out of the tree hole before burying her face in her book.

     The Jaguar was left very confused, and Audre never found any info about a comb. The end. 

If you like the story so far, please vote and comment! As always thanks for reading!