chapter 5

Once the receptionist saw what she placed down his face turned serious. Without wasting anymore time he guided her behind the desk. They walked through a door that lead to a hallway which had doors lined up on both sides. At the end of the hall was a door with a unique sigil engraved on it.

          Not even a second later they were around at the door turning it open. Once it was open a room designed like an office of an official. Sitting behind a desk further in the room was a middle aged man with a five o'clock shadow. Without looking up he signal for her to sit on one the couches in front of his desk.

            Shrugging her shoulders the woman sat down and crossed her legs to wait for him. Her wait was not long because he soon finished his work. Putting his papers on the table he looked at the woman.

"Okay sis what do you want this time and just so you know I can't give you preferential treatment anymore" he said in exhaustion.

Giggling she replied, "Relax Mr.guildmaster I am not here to risk you position. I just wanted to ask your help with a quest".

            Immediately when she finished spokeing the guild master showed interest. While she can be a pain his sister does have an impressive talent for finding hidden quests. That's right the world they were in is actually a popular VRMMO called Dragon Overlord Online. The game raised to the height of popularity thanks to its high degree of player freedom. For example allowing them to hold influential positions.

          Zeke is a perfect example of how much freedom you can get. He like most players joined the adventurers guild as a way to level up and make money. Eventually when he became a high enough guild rank they offer him a guild master position. That is how he ended up here although there were more then enough perks to make it worth it.

"Alright if you have a quest than it must be good" he said casually.

"That's right, first off the quest was given to me by a priestess at the dragon God temple. Apparently there was an oracle stating the born of the only male dragon in five hundred years" she explained.

          Shock was clearly written on Zeke's face since he knew the importance of this quest. In Doo there are quite a few races that exist and can be played as. One such race is the dragons that have only females. Even dragonkin are forced to be females. There are alot of male players that had to restart after receiving a forced sex change.

                The dragon race are known to be reclusive even to dragokin so information like this would normally be hidden. As a matter of fact the last time a country sent a spy the dragon sent someone ,and burn that country's capital to the ground. Since then no one had the courage to miss with the dragon country unless it is absolutely worth it. Now his sister his apparently got this information some how.

"Relax I promise this information is safe and legit" she paused before continuing, "once the prophecy was revealed the queen order every dragon of the kingdom to find him. The best part is there will be a legendary job available as a reward".

        Zeke into thought about whether or not he should get involved. Afterall even though he cares about his sister she will get all of the benefits. As he was thinking a cunning smile creeped on her face while a screen appears in front of his.

[SSS rank quest Dragon king's rise: After year of waiting a male dragon has been born at last. Truly a glorious day for all dragons ,unfortunately their king is somewhere in the forest of Grim. If you help find and guide him on his path you will be handsomely rewarded for your efforts.

(reward-gain access to dragonkin<male> race)]

              Zeke's jaw dropped at the reward because it meant not only be the first to gain a new race, but also possible to new jobs as well.

"Fine you win I will help you find him but what is the plan after that" Zeke questioned.

              She simply smiled before going on to explain her plan.

(Inside the forest)

              Unaware that his existence was about to cause waves around the world Clay was still practicing. So far managed to figure out how to change his mana to a few attributes. Although it is only the four basic elements it was a start. He also had improved the flow of mana in his body and how to concentrate it. Doing all of that made time fly so before long it was time to eat again.

            Besides it wouldn't hurt to find some shelter while he was at it. Getting up Clay wondered the forest once again looking for some prey. As he was traveling he took in the sights around. Although the system said this place was dangerous he has only seen beautiful scenery up until now. Still he felt it was better safe than sorry so he moved carefully.

              Minutes of searching later he came across a cave. Pouring mana into his nose Clay took a smell. From the smell inside the cave he knew there was only one thing in the cave ,however his instincts told him it was definitely a strong foe. If this was him before then he would do his best to run away. Now is different he would rather fight and die then run from his enemy.

            That was probably thanks to his dragon pride. Of course this could be viewed as a problem ,but when he remembered Eve and Ladon he felt it was okay. Taking a deep breathe to calm. down Clay had his mana flow into his legs. His current mana pool can only support enforcing one part for extended periods of time. Still since it was better than nothing he decided to use it anyway.Besides if the thing in the cave is as strong as he thinks it is there won't be any point in holding back.

              Putting one claw in front of the other he slowly proceeded into the cave. Once inside he found a bear with yellowish brown that was a little bigger than one from earth. The bear was sleeping without a care in the world. Taking this as his chance the dragon baby eased closer to get in range. When he was close enough , using the mana in his legs he leaped toward it. Right when he was on top of its back he clamped down on it's spine with his fangs.

                    A terrifying roar of agony spread across the forest. In pain the bear started flailing around hopping to remove the pest on it's back. Too bad for it Clay was not weak enough in will nor stupid enough to give up this chance. It wasn't long before the bear realized its claws won't reach ,so it started to slam Clay against the cave walls. Each slam almost caused the dragon baby to pass out however he held on.

                    Pissed that the bear won't just die quietly Clay put fire mana in his claws. He then started clawing the bear's face making it roar even louder. Their struggle continued until finally the bear could not take it anymore . An hour after the life and death struggle began Clay's prey stopped moving.