Chapter 25

(Pov Zeke)
            Finally, back from my vacation in the dragon kingdom, I sat behind my desk, thinking about the future. I originally joined my sister on her quest because I was curious. It never occurred to me that I get caught up in such a game-changing event. When I first joined Dragon Overlord Online, everyone's attention was on the Dragon Kingdom. After all, the game's title had their race's name on it. Unfortunately, time passed without anyone finding anything useful. Eventually, everyone gave up except a few eccentrics who persisted.
            Now I finally have clues about the main storyline, thanks to Clay. First off, I found out that the origin of all dragons, the Dragon Qverlord, created this world. Another thing I found out was that the whole Dragon race wasn't very united. They were slit between the royal dragon bloodline and the Imperial dragon bloodline. Also, there was the oracle that led to the current situation. Either way, I need to focus on this new quest I got.
[New quest received:Having returned the dragon prince to his people, you were rewarded with his blood. As a result, you have become his very first Dragonkin/Draconic knight. You are now to go forth and find others worthy of receiving this gift and joining your ranks. Members recruited 0/10]
               When I first saw my new quest, I thought it would be an easy experience grab, but that changed after looking at my status.
[Name: Zeke Swordlight
Race: Dragonkin
Job:Swordmaster(level 40)/Draconic knight(level 3)
Level:43
Affinities:Fire/sword
Health points:1,020
aura points:502
Str:321(×1.1)
Vit:93(×1.1)
Agl:321(×1.1)
Aura:400
Status points-0
Skill points-0
Skills
-Sword mastery(level 4)
-Blazing heart(level 3)
-Sword dance(level 2)
-Sword aura(level 6)
-Draconic command(level 1)]
                     Regarding monster ranks, I would typically count as a rank three; however, now my aura has reached rank 4. Unfortunately, my status didn't, but that didn't hurt me much. After all, so long as I have enough aura my skills can cover that gap for the most part. The real problem is my new Draconic command skill. To simplify, it was a skill that let me control lesser dragons and, to some extent, non-royal dragons. A talent like that in the hands of the wrong person could be a massive problem. I know this is supposed to be a game, but somewhere in the back of my head, this could be real
( Pov end)
                Clay, after traveling for a few weeks, finally made it to his destination, the Royal Academy of Freya. In terms of pure size, the school was comparable to a large city.  The 7ft gates seemed made of a metal called black iron. Black iron is made by processing a special ore only found in places rich in both mana and ki. They even used an array and a matrix to reinforce it even further. From what Clay could tell, it would take a person at Sapphire's level multiple hits to bring it down. Some of him wanted to test if that theory was correct but decided not to.
                    Lately, as he experiments with his new controllable elements, Clay starts to notice a change in him. Not sure what it was, he decided to control it until he understood more. Clay's thoughts were interrupted when a face called out from behind him. Turning around, he saw a young man with pale white skin, brown hair, and red eyes. The young man's eyes contained a pride that screamed everything was beneath him. As Clay looked at the young man, he could hear a voice telling him to annihilate him.
"Darling, you need to control your instincts; otherwise there will be trouble in the future," Eve said, trying to calm him down.
"Thanks for the advice, as usual, but this feels more than my usual anger. More than anything, feel nothing except disgust," Clay responded.
             She then explained that the young man before him was a vampire. A form of high-ranking undead, which to a nature dragon like him is an abomination to be destroyed. Once he got his answer, Clay took a deep breath to help ring in his emotion. Although every fiber of his being screamed for him to kill Clay didn't want to cause a scene. Turning to the side, he allowed the young man to walk past. However, rather than appreciation, the little shit looked at Clay with an expression of disdain.
"How dare a commoner like you refuse to drop to your knees in my presence," said the young man arrogantly.
          Due to the young man's loud voice, people they started to gather around, murmuring. Clay's calm expression shifted in a split second into a cold and ruthless expression.
"The fuck did you just say bat" Clay's rage-filled voice rang out.
            Before the young man could say anything else, Clay had already vanished. Only a few people in the crowd could understand what just happened. Unfortunately, the young vampire was not one of them. To his eyes, one moment, Clay was 5 feet away from him, and then he vanished.  Merely a second later, Clay reappeared in front of him, grabbing his throat. Silently watching the vampire struggle in his hand, Clay's eyes were cold and lifeless.
"You bastard, don't you have any idea of who I am?" the young man struggled to say.
"Why the fuck would I care who filthy bloodsucker is" Clay responded.
               As he spoke, Clay subconsciously poured some of his life aura into the vampire. A scream of pure agony escaped the vampire's lips as he continued to threaten Clay. The more he talked, the tighter Clay's grip became.
"I know he is an ass, but could you please release that vampire you're strangling"  the seductive voice called out.
            Looking over to the source, Clay's eyes widened because in front of him was a girl who ignited his lust.