Chapter 26

Clay was stuck in a daze as he stared at the beautiful woman before him. Every part of her felt like she was born to ignite lustful desire. Long, wavy blonde hair that shined in the light like gold. Soft pink lips that begged him to forward to kiss. Along with sky-blue eyes that reflected the world were some of her perfections. Add all those features together with a curvy body with thick hips and enormous breasts, which made the dragon fall in love. Well, at the very least, a part of him.

"You want me to release this leach, yet you haven't given a reason why," Clay stated.

Everyone in the crowd, including the girl, widened their eyes at his casual response. Many even started to doubt I'd they didn't somehow lose their minds. It was as if there was a secret rule that if the girl asked a guy for something, they would do it. She looked at Clay with intrigue, seemingly forgetting about the vampire she was trying to save. The more she looked at him, the more appealing Clay became. It was hard to describe, but if she had to, it was like he was a black hole that drew her in. The vampire's groan brought her back to the real world.

"If you need a reason, then how about considering it as giving me face," she gently stated.

Clay looked between her and the vampire before finally letting him go. Once he was released, the vampire hurried away as if he were afraid Clay would suddenly change his mind. Clay took one more look at the girl before turning to walk away. The crowd opened up, letting him through as if afraid of what he would do to them. When Clay's back was in the distance, everyone relaxed and headed to their business. The vampire stood up, staring at where Clay left with eyes filled with hate. Noticing this, she turned to face him.

"Listen, leech; I only stood up for you because you are a member of the demon race. Keep your stupidity in check," she threatened.

Seeing his fearful expression, the girl walked away, leaving the vampire to tremble. Clay knew that he managed to make a new enemy, not that he cared about walking to new student orientation. His mind was multitasking on being king, that girl, and how his school year would go. In his previous life, the amount of time he spent in school would be easier to count than the time he did. Now that he had the chance, a fear began growing in his heart.

The young dragon was worried that he wouldn't be able to keep up with the class. Clay didn't have much time to study previously, so in terms of education, he is probably behind. Entering the auditorium, Clay glanced at the students gathered to gauge his future classmates. Finding his seat between the two beasts' kin, he spotted from the door waiting for the orientation to start. A few minutes later, the lights dimmed as everyone grew quiet. A man who looked about 40 walked toward the podium on the stage with measured and even steps back perfectly straight.

Most of the students were whispering, wondering who this average-looking man was. Clay, on the other hand, could sense the staggering amount of mana the man's body had hidden. If Clay had to guess, the man was capable of the dragon queen.

"Good evening, dear students. I am Alistair Freeman, the dean of this prestigious academy. A few of you may have noticed that I am a mage. I am also a former academy student, so let me tell a fundamental truth. No one here, myself included, gives two shits who you or your parents are," saying that he released his mana to intimidate everyone. "In this school, we only care if you can make them kneel. If you don't like what the teachers are teaching, then defeat them, and you can do whatever you want. There are, of course, rules you have to follow, but still, we believe in freedom. Now, on to my favorite part of orientation: the traditional battle royal."

A few people excitedly cheered as Alistair finished his speech. Clay was just as excited before he came here; Sapphire told him about the battle royal. Apparently, the school would always have a battle royal to help students change their mindsets before the year officially started. Many students were geniuses, so they didn't think anyone could be better. Also, there were, of course, students from affluent families that have spoiled mindsets.

Everyone soon gathered in a massive magic circle in the training field. There were a few senior students who also came to watch the show. Clay and the girls were also among the group waiting for the event to start. Clay was just as excited as everyone to put his training to the test.

"Listen, when the fighting starts, I don't want you helping me focus on yourselves," Clay ordered

Maria looked at her fellow royal guard members before sighing. During his time in the kingdom, she and the others learned even more about Clay. The most important fact was he enjoyed nothing more than a good fight. They even started to question if Clay was a Nature Dragon. As the girls began to discuss their plans for the battle, a bright light radiated from the circle. When it was gone, Clay found himself standing alone among a sea of trees. Closing his eyes, Clay spread his aura to connect to the surrounding trees. With them, he was able to get a feel for his surroundings.

"So this forest is in a specially created zone that will teleport the wounded out. Not bad Freeman Academy is truly worthy of its title as the strongest school," Clay spoke out loud.

While he was feeling impressed by the school's power, a beast leaped out from a bush behind him. Without turning around, Clay sidestepped the beast's overhead claw attack. Now that he got a good look at it, he was surprised. It was a rare type of magical beast called a blizzard wolf. From what he knew, blizzard wolves can only live in absolutely freezing environments. The beast lowered its body, snarling at Clay while waiting for an opening. Clay, on the other hand, maintained his calm smile as he held his hand out. The earth split open as a pitch-black spear made of obsidian. Its smooth surface carried a glossy shine at the same time, radiating danger.

This was something Clay only recently started to experiment with. The idea to extract materials from the ground only came to him randomly. So far, he can only pull out gemstones. Soon, the beast was tired of waiting and jumped at Clay using a frigid wind to boost its speed. Clay remained impassive as he used the butt of the spear to strike it on the side of its face. After thinking for a moment, Clay decided only to use his aura for the battle royal. Lightning started to crackle along his body, enhancing his past and what the beast could see. The only thing it could see was a light flash before Clay sent the beast's head was sent flying. Just as he finished the wolf off, more beasts started to surround him, baring their teeth and claws.