Chapter 27

The shock was on the faces of students and teachers alike as they watched Clay wiping out several monsters. Usually, this wouldn't be a big deal, but the demons he fought were at the lowest rank of 3. Even the dean was impressed by the young Dragon's feats, which reminded him of his long-dead friend. While the people were impressed by Clay's performance, the first clash between students occurred. A large male tigerkin student was fighting against a beautiful female student. They both were welding swords; however, the male student had one the size of a door, while the girl's was more petite.

        Terrifyingly, every time the blades collided, other than some sparks flying, her sword was magnificent. Even more surprising was the girl's physical strength was comparable to the boys. Everyone marveled as she used her slender yet curvy frame to defend.

"That girl is impressive. If I remember correctly, the tigerkin is the grandson of commander Harrison," one of the teachers committed.

"The Harrison family is an accomplished line of warriors known for their brute strength, so how is she holding out?" another teacher added.

"You two need to get your eyes checked. That girl is a dragon, obviously," yet another mocked.

        Dean Freeman sighed, hearing his teachers arguing with each other. When their battle started, he had clocked the girl as a dragon. Not only that, but Freeman already knows she is not yet a dragon but an Imperial dragon. He had to admit this year's new students are filled with impressive talents. That was especially true for the young girl and the recently found dragon prince.

   As if summoned after the dean mentioned him, Clay showed up to catch the tail end of their battle. Clay stood at the side, watching as she elegantly danced around her opponent. Something about the girl made his heart skip a beat and his blood boil. The girl also seemed to have noticed Clay's presence as she quickly kicked the boy's jaw.

       Their eyes locked, and Clay and the girl appeared to enter a world for only the two of them. The girl's opponent noticed her distraction, becoming enraged.

"How dare you ignore me when we are still fighting," the male student complained.

        Clay annoyed the fly and dared ruin their moment through his spear, using lightning to accelerate it further. Before the male student could react, the spear instantaneously pierced through his chest. Without further noise, he turned into specks of light.

"Impressive, your use of Aura has reached near perfection," the girl complimented.

"I don't have the arrogance to say that, but I do alright. Now, are you going to give me your name or not?" Clay responded.

Nodding, she bowed while saying, "Apologies, I almost forgot my manners. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am the current crown princess of the Dragon Empire. My name is Su Hongnu."

     As she gave a formal bow while introducing herself. Clay did not drop his guard as he returned her bow, which was a good idea because she suddenly brought her sword down on his neck. In a near-perfect split-second reaction, Clay performed a flip following the sword's path. As he was flipping out of danger, Clay kicked her chest to create distance.

       Clay could feel a strange desire to defeat her with all of his strength brewing. It was like his very blooded demand for him to make her his woman. He had felt like this since he first met Sapphire, although he hid it well. He, more than anything, wanted her to view him as a proper husband. For dragons, the female always looks for strength. After dodging the girl's attack, Clay summoned Durendal as a dark green aura wrapped around his body. The girl, looking at his serious expression, felt pressure coming from his body.

"That wasn't a half-bad attack. If I were too slow, my head would be rolling," Clay joked.

"It would have made a great trophy, handsome," Su Hongnu responded.

          After trading pleasantries, both bodies vanished and reappeared, clashing with each other and creating a Shockwave. With a speed that few could follow, Clay and Su Hongnu fought several times. Unlike the boy from before, Clay wielded his greatsword with elegance and precision. His every move seemed to be part of an elaborate dance. Unfortunately, Clay was unaware that he subconsciously tapped into his inherited memories.

       Soon, other students showed up, watching their fight from a distance.  Among the group were Clay's bodyguards, who had their cheeks puffed out. A nearby player noticed them acting like jealous girlfriends and became curious. Summoning his courage, the player approached the group of dragon females.

"Excuse me, ladies, can I ask why you look so annoyed?" the player asked.

       Marie was about to snap at him when she noticed the robe he was wearing. This was an item he got from a quest called the Robe of the Scholar. As for what it did, the robe allows him to ask any more questions to NPCs. Of course, this came with the added benefit of him receiving a lore quest based on the question. Sighing, Marie controlled her annoyance after seeing the player as a scholar.

"My apologies, I didn't realize you were a seek of truth. For your question, I am just feeling jealous that the lord is performing a courtship ritual with that woman," Marie explained.

         As she finished speaking, a prompt appeared in front of the player.

[Lore quest:the dragon king's harem- Since ancient times, male dragons have been known to be greedy and selfish. However, what people do not know is they would give anything and do anything for their women. Help the dragon noble Marie enter the harem of Clay Aurum-Argentum. (Reward:increased closeness to Clay Aurum-Argentum)]

         The player read calmly, unsurprised by the quest's contents. It was a normal thing for a lore quest to be worried or random. The upside, though, is they usually offer rewards that can benefit him later on. This time, he would get closer to the future king of dragons.

"Thank you, my lady, for clarifying my confusion. My name is Ray. If you need anything, please let me know. As you can see, I am a scholar if when it comes to knowledge, I have quite a bit," Ray introduced.

       Marie thought about Ray's proposal as she watched Clay flirt with  Hongnu. She had to admit his proposal was tempting if what her mom told her was true. From what she was told scholars would do anything to pursue knowledge. This pursuit included anything they could get their hands on.

"If you can help me receive lord Clay's favor, then you will be in my good graces," Marie stated coldly.

      Jay smiled, seeing his road to success becoming bright. Now, he only needs to figure out how to make the dragon king fall in love with Marie. However, he wasn't worried about that. After all, getting two NPCs in a relationship was something he often did. No one knew, but this was the day the dragon king's minister began his journey. Of course, historians would debate precisely what it was that started this journey.