Chapter 24

Clay then spent the next month training as well as leveling up. He even started to delve into his Magismith class. The first thing he discovered was that it allowed him to craft whatever he wanted with the necessary materials, of course. Second, it was also possible to give existing objects unique traits. Lastly, he didn't need a forge or anything. His only roadblock is the fact that he must have a clear image of whatever it is he is crafting.
                 Along with those discoveries, he also learned that his level is set up differently than he originally thought. Eve explained that each of his classes has its levels, and the one he has seen until now is total. After two months of hard work, his stats were now.
[Name: Clay Aurum-Argentum
Race: Dragon(human)/Star-born
Job:Martial artist(20)/Battle Master(20)
Subclass:Magismith(15)
Level: 40
Racial level(s): Adolescent Nature Dragon level 30/40.  ???-Star
bloodline: Royal dragon bloodline/Celestial bloodline
Mana core: rank 3
Aura core: rank 3
Health points: 9,973
mana points: 4000
aura points: 4000
Str:639(+4×1.2)=>735(+4×1.2)
Vit:900(+11×.1.2)=>996(+11×1.2)
Agl:279(×1.2)=>375(×1.2)
Mana:400
Status points-5=>105
Skill points-0
Skills
-Dragon's endurance(max level)
- Golden dragon body technique( Level 3)
- Silver dragon manipulation technique(level 3)
Nature magic(level 2)
Nature Dragon's scales(level 3)
Nature Dragon's breath(level 3)
-Fly(level 5)
-Martial Path(level 3)
- Battle Maneuvers(level 3)
-One with nature(level 3)
-Dance on the battlefield(level 3)
- True strike(level 2)
-Mana forging(level 3)
-Enchanting(level 2)]
                As he leveled up, Clay made sure to also level up his skills while using them as much as possible. Thanks to him reading so many system stories, he understood that while useful, the system is a crutch. He has seen it too many times before a character is either over-reliant on their system or doesn't use it enough. Clay understood it was a useful tool to help accelerate his growth, but mastery relied on himself. This brings us to the present in the royal guards' training field.
                 Clay was facing a group of 10 ranked 3 dragons using only his rapier. One of the girls, a wind dragon, used a powerful gale to lunch herself at him. Remaining calm, he used Caladbolg to divert her forward momentum before delivering a roundhouse to her side. Following behind her was a fireball about the size of a basketball. Thirsting his sword forward, Clay dispersed the flame just in time for a stone fist to appear inches from his face. Tilting his head to the sideClay barely dodged the attack as a small scratch appeared on his cheek.
                  Using her surprise at his dodge, Clay used his tail to sweep her leg. He then jumped back to avoid a barrage of ice spears. Right behind them were compacted balls of fire speeding toward him like bullets. Planting his feet on the ground, Clay took a deep breath before repeatedly thrusting his sword forward. He perfectly intercepted each flame bullet with blind speed and terrifying accuracy. From his left side came a flaming fist that managed to him.
                  However, instead of being sent flying, he spun his body to smother some of the momentum. Relying on that same momentum, he delivered a roundhouse to her ribs. Gritting her teeth, the dragoness was sent flying into a wall beside where Sapphire and the others were standing. Zeke's eyes widened as he watched a rank 3 dragon toying with another ten rank threes.
"I mean, it shouldn't surprise me, but Clay is a beast," Zeke commented.
"It is hardly surprising. Lord Clay is a dragon holding two cores. If stories are to be believed, then it only makes sense, " Sapphire responded.
                What she didn't say, however, was that according to the ancient text. It was more common than not for dragons to have two cores. Of course, they were normally a pair of either two mana or two aura cores. This trait was most common among lord-class dragons. Even though she is a rank 6 herself, Sapphire could believe how strong Clay is. As Sapphire watched Clay fight, there were a few things she noticed.
                First off, his control of the elements was something not many could pull off. When a dragon normally fights, they usually rely on brute force. For example, a fire dragon would just release a massive burst of flames. Even she would rely on her Innately powerful lighting to wipe out her foes
"He was chosen by Lady Ariana, so it only makes sense his control is on another level," Sapphire thought.
               The silver dragon queen Ariana was the first dragon to study the methods other races used to do magic. She understood that while royal dragons could be versatile, they chose not to. This was because they believed there is no point in using other elements that went against their affinity. Ariana, however, had not the importance of versatility after fighting a powerful human mage. Since then, she began to develop control over other elements.
                    Back at the spar, Clay had covered his sword in the whirling wind as he pierced there the stone wall one of his opponents created. The others were shocked when they saw the tip of his sword poak through the wall. Unfortunately, they got another surprise when it started shooting compressed bullets of fire. A water dragon barely made it in time to form a protective barrier. The fight continued for another hour before it ended due to both sides running out of energy. Clay was sitting on a bench drinking some water while Zeke and Freya bombarded him with questions.
"Are you only rank three because that fight shouldn't have gone like that if you were?" Zeke questioned.
"Yeah, from what I heard, even as a dragon taking on ten other rank 3s shouldn't, especially if they are all dragons," Freya added
"Okay, relax, it's not that big of a deal. I have two cores making me twice as strong as a normal dragon rank three. As for how I lasted so long once again, two cores means double the energy, " Clay patiently explained.
              What he did tell them was that he was still holding back. Throughout the fight, he never once used his control over space. Recently, as he learned more about it, he noticed that there is no mention of anyone having the affinity. Having read plenty of web novels, he knew that meant either they at around or hiding. Regardless, he will just save it for a rainy day. Besides, he only has just begun to unearth its potential.
"That reminds me, Sapphire, when will I start at the academy," asked Clay.
"To be honest, you can start just about any time you want, but that is if you enroll as royalty," she responded.
               Clay thought for a moment, considering the pros and cons. Enrolling as royalty would make it easier for him to do whatever. The downside is that it would paint a target on his back for assassins to find him. Then again, that would just mean free exp. Besides, it would also be an umbrella of protection for any future/inevitable face slapping. More importantly, after coming to the kingdom, he felt his original idea of avoiding trouble was embarrassing. As a man, how can he run from a challenge because it is a little annoying? The days flew by yet again, and soon, it was time for him to leave Clay excited for the future left after saying his goodbyes.

[A/N:HI guys, first I want to say thanks for the support you have shown my work. Second, I would like to apologize for the slow updates. I mostly write as I go along, so sometimes I get stuck on what should happen next. Can't promise it will never happen again, but I will try working on it. Also, I am excited to announce that the school Arc is next. Clay will is going to be meeting new people, and his harem will officially start to form.
           Another thing I wanted to let you know is from now on, I will shift POVs every so often. By the way, if you have recommendations for future skills and evolutions drop them in a comment.]