Chapter 28

Clay and Hongnu fought for almost an hour without losing any vigor. The students and teachers watching were shocked, if not horrified. It had to be known even the most rigorously trained knight can not fight at their level without mana or aura. Some teachers near the dean became curious and asked him about their origins.

"The girl is the Imperial dragon princess of the Eastern continent, and the boy is the only male dragon in the world," the dean clarified.

         The teachers around gasped in shock, hearing the students' origins. Now, they question if they should end the battle before the two could get hurt. If there is one truth that everyone understands, it is that dragons protect their own. Just as they imagined the two dragon rulers attack, a commotion started in the trail. Some students who wanted the fight jumped in, hoping to face the Dragons when they were weakened. Unfortunately, they chose the wrong person and, even more, the wrong time for the scheme.

           Clay's response was swift and, by all definitions, over the top. Before the other students could get close, earth spheres broke through the surface. No one had time to react as their bodies were impaled. A burst of powerful mama came from Clay's body as he began to shout.

"How dare you worthless worms interrupt our fun," Clay growled.

         As if influenced by his intense emotions, the ground started to tremble. Clay became an earthquake dragon, so naturally, he had a closer connection to the Earth. Cracks formed randomly, with Clay being the epicenter of the demolition. Fear gripped the heart of anyone who watched Clay's terrifying display of power. This was a perfect reminder that dragons are walking and talking disasters. Clay's eyes turned into their form as he glared at everyone else.

"I don't care who you are, where you are from, nor what your parents titles are. The only thing I care about is when someone interrupts my fight. Now you have two choices watch quietly or get the fuck out of here," Clay thwarted.

         Slowly, the ground began to heat up, burning the feet of several people. Soon, they either left at their fastest speed or moved further to come, watching and seeing only his guards and one of the other people. Clay's mood improved. However, his desire for battle had already faded, leaving him slightly annoyed.

"How about we put off the rest of our fight for now and come later?" Hongnu suggested.

Clay sighed before answering, "Fine by me; after all, there will be more opportunities in the future right."

         After agreeing to meet again, the two went their separate ways, with Clay joining the other dragon girls. Although he was happy to see them, his expression didn't show it. Of course, the girls knew why he was annoyed, so they said nothing. In contrast, Jay was feeling nervous about being stared at by Clay's piercing eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" Clay grunted.

"My lord, he is a scholar who has offered me his assistance in a matter. I apologize, but can you please allow his presence?" Marie begged.

"What she says is correct, my lord the lady wished to take advantage of my knowledge," Jay added

        Clay simply nodded before walking away but not before telling g them to follow. Soon, the time for the trial passed, and everyone was sent out of the forest. The dean then informed them of what class they would be in. The students were divided based on their skill levels. From lowest to highest, they were arranged from E, D, C, B, A, and S. As one would expect, Clay was put into the S class with his guards. Hongnu also happened to be assigned to class S, along with other unfamiliar faces.

        After they were informed what case they would be in, all the students dispersed. Since classes don't officially start until tomorrow, everyone was free to wander around. Clay also took advantage of this opportunity to tour around the school. Although he found it strange Jay came with them, Clay kept his mouth shut. Since they had free time, Clay led them to the library. From what Sapphire told him, the school had information about Royal and Imperial dragons. Thanks to his connection with both clans, he had information one or the other may not have.

         Until now, Clay has been thinking about how to fulfill his promise. As far as he knows, the two have been fighting for domination for the longest time. To end the fighting, just being a male isn't enough. He needs to ensure both clans are equal. Since he only has the royal dragon bloodline, Clay knew the difficulty would be higher. So he came to the library to see if there were any records of someone being born with both. Soon, he arrived at the library with his entourage, causing everyone to notice him.

     Most of them quickly looked away to avoid annoying Clay. After, even if they came from noble families, he could kill them, and no one could stop him. Their families would probably just try to milk some money. Clay ignored them and approached the young elf woman behind the check-out desktop.

"Hello, I am Tita, the library. How can I help you all," she asked with a smile.

"Hello, I am Clay, and I was looking for the historical record about former dragon kings," Clay answered.

            The girl paused for a moment before standing up and walking toward the direction of a bookshelf. Initially, Clay thought the library could only be so extensive, but now that he walked through it, he understood how wrong he was. It took them several minutes to reach their destination, even with a brisk walking speed. She guided them to a door that was sealed by two sets of chains.

"By request of the one who donated them, every book about dragons is sealed behind this door. I am not sure how to enter, but apparently, it can only be done by the future ruler of all dragons," Tita explained.

       Clay stared at the door, trying to figure out how to open it. He approached the door to see if he could figure something out. When he was directly in front of the door, Clay could sense his cores becoming active. Clay's mana and aura slowly left his body, entering the door and causing it to glow. A second later, the chains burst off as the door flung open.

          Inside the room was nothing except a single book resting on a podium. Clay could already sense something about the book pulling him towards it. In a daze, he walked calmly to the podium. Each step he took released an energy pulse throughout the room. Clay was entranced, so no matter how the others tried to call him, nothing got through. Eventually, Clay found himself standing in front of the podium, listening to a voice that seemed to be two overlapping.

"Welcome, young dragon. We are happy a heir to the Divine Dragon King's throne has appeared. However, you have not yet fulfilled all of the requirements. Still, a reward should be given for making it this far," the voice stated.

      Instantly information, several pieces of information coursed through Clay's mind, teaching him multiple different things. One by one, techniques as well as information came rushing in. A few minutes, the surge of knowledge stopped as Clay passed out on the floor. The girls, worried about Cmay, rushed into the room. Jay joined them to appear apathetic but froze when he saw a prompt appear in front of him.

[Quest update:You have born witness to a dragon Monarch being selected. If you play your cards right, you can see even more historical events. Become the future monarch's advisor to see history unfold before. (reward:Dragon's blood/title:Dragon Monarch's Wiseman)]