49. Roka ceremony

A few days ago Sakshi had received a call from her mom informing her that the wedding date had been fixed . And the date turned out to be closer than expected and there fore Sakshi was asked to come to India soon as possible for finishing all her purchase. Namjoon along with his family were arriving that night as the next day was their Roka ceremony.

Roka ceremony , is a pre wedding ceremony , which is a event hosted to show both sides of families approval for the wedding , guest usually presented the soon to wed couple with gifts or cash and their good wishes .

_______________________________

It was late evening and Sakshi was on the phone with Namjoon.

OTP

Sk: hey joonie did you reach safely ?

Nj: hey baby , yes the flight trip was comfortable and we arrived safe and secure . Now we are going to hotel where we have booked our rooms.

Sk: ahh thts good to hear anyway take care and get some good night sleep ok ... I can't wait to see you tmrw

Nj: can't wait to see you too Sakshi. And you too take good care of yourself. And get some sleep ok.

Sk: kk. Then bye ..

Nj: bye .

--------------------------------------

That night the two slept soundly , excited about meeting the other , the next day. The day early morning itself Sakshi was pulled out of the bed by her mom and Jhanvi who had given birth to a pretty little girl a few months back , who was named Arati Singh.

Mom: hello get up ..... Oh this girll....
Sakshi come on get up it's your roka ceremony.

Sk: huh ?? What are you talking about ?

Mom: you stupid child get up and get ready .

Sk: oh shit ... I'm so sorry . I was just too sleepy . Give me 15 minutes I'll finish brushing , bathing etc. And then you guys can help me get ready.

Jhv: ok didi we will be waiting downstairs just give a shout once your done .

Sk: ok..

---------------------

After Sakshi finished bathing and stuff , Jhanvi and her mom helped her get into her outfit for the ceremony which was a light blue lehenga

Sakshi's outfit 👆

After she was done with the dress Jhanvi tied Sakshi's hair into a bun and inserted some decorative pins in them after she applied light make up on her face and with tht she was done getting ready so Sakshi's mom and Jhanvi went to get ready and Jhanvi dressed Arati up for the ceremony

_______________________________

The ceremony was supposed to start at 10 am and Sakshi's family was already there at the banquet hall by 9:30 and Namjoon and his family were expected to reach in the next 15 minutes and other intimate Friends and family were to arrive by 10 am .

After a long wait when Namjoon and his family finally arrived both of them (Namjoon and Sakshi) couldn't take their eyes of , of each other. Namjoon was wearing a blue suit to go with Sakshi's outfit

 Namjoon was wearing a blue suit to go with Sakshi's outfit

Namjoon's outfit 👆

By ten all the guests had arrived and the ceremony began , at first the pandit did the puja and applied tilak ( vermilion paste) on Sakshi and Namjoon's forehead and after wards everyone greeted the couple and have them gifts , money and blessings. And like that the first step of their wedding ended beautifully.