xxx. Friends

I had been getting a routine check-up and refill of meds in my IV from Nurse Abby around mid-day when a loud voice echoed around the small hospital room.

"Mira!" Imani had yelled in her usual nature as she rushed into the room, scaring both the nurse and myself. My whole body had stiffened as I was suddenly wrapped in a huge bear hug, Imani nearly displacing some of the electrodes and wires taped to my chest. Nurse Abby had nearly had a heart attack of her own as she watched the girl release me, looking to me to see if I was alright.

"Imani?" I was taken aback to see the beautiful African girl standing next to my bedside. My head turned to see all of Louis' friends walking into my room, all of them with bright smiles on their faces. Niall was holding several 'Get Well Soon!' balloons in his hand, and Kaguya was holding several bouquets of bright multicolored flowers in her arms.

"Seems you have some visitors Miss Lane, isn't that nice?" Nurse Abby remarked as she shot more drugs into my IV line before collecting her things and smiled at me, though my eyes weren't on her.

Once all of my new friends had entered the room, a warm feeling of happiness rushed over to me when I saw Louis lingering in the doorway, a smirk on his face and my bear he gotten me from last time in his arms.

"Definitely." I mumbled to my nurse, who only laughed softly before collecting her supplies and leaving the room, telling me to press the call button by my bed if I needed anything.

My eyes couldn't seem to take themselves off of my boyfriend as he walked over to me and handed me my plaid-bow bear. The large bear was forgotten as instead of hugging it, my arms threw themselves around Louis' neck, my hands holding him close.

"It's alright, Butterfly. I'm here." He mumbled to me, the biggest smile appearing on my face.

Louis was here. He was here and nothing could be better.

Everyone had camped out in my room for most of the day, Louis and his friends having fun with the TV while Imani and Kaguya had other things in mind.

"Oh girl, I'm so sorry, but you look like death." Imani winced, making me roll my eyes before I took my oxygen mask off so I could talk better.

"Sorry, I couldn't bring my makeup bag with me in the ambulance. You know, being unconscious and all." I rolled my eyes, seeing Louis smirk out of the corner of my eyes as he watched a football (I had given up on calling it soccer since all of Louis' friends constantly called it that) match on the television with his friends in a chair by the end of my bed. Louis' hand reached out to pat my blanket covered foot, fingers lightly squeezing to show his amusement. He chuckled softly as I wriggled my toes from under the blankets.

"Lucky for you, I brought mine." Imani smiled happily as she pulled a massive glittery bag out from inside her purse, unzipping it to reveal tons of eyeshadows, eyeliners, mascaras, you name it. She reminded me of Mary Poppins, there was so much makeup inside the tiny bag.

"Imani, you really don't need to." I tried to say, but she shook her head before pulling out what looked like liquid eyeliner from her bag.

"No, you be quiet. This hospital light doesn't do anything good for your complexion, plus your eyes are too pretty to not enhance them a bit." Imani shushed me, making me laugh as she made me close my eyes so she could work.

I had never had this before, a makeover with girlfriends. Heck, I learned how to use makeup from girly magazines I begged Dad to buy when I was fourteen.

So far, I liked the idea of makeovers as Imani reached for a tube of mascara after she finished with the liner. After she had applied mascara, I fluttered my eyelashes, causing Kaguya to start laughing. After a fluffy brush had attempted to bring color back into my pale cheeks and chapstick applied to my dry lips, Imani seemed satisfied with her work.