xxxi. Heal

I had come home several days after Louis had revealed he was ready to heal me, and excitement made me hardly able to stay still in the car ride home when I thought about what would happen later that night.

This was going to be the last day I would ever have to worry about a heart problem.

I had already figured out what I would tell Dad when I was healed. I would reveal Louis' powers and tell him I knew all about Lux and Mom and maybe he would open up to me about everything he had experienced in his life with a Luxien like Mom. There would be no more secrets, and maybe Louis could finally take me to the Rift. Today would change my whole life for the better, I could finally be the Mira I was born to be.

Louis had insisted I relax the whole day so that my body would be easier to heal later at night, carrying me inside the cabin and upstairs to lay me in my bed once we arrived back home. Dad had only managed to yell for me to relax in bed, his eyes rolling as he heard my laughter when Louis swiftly carried me upstairs.

"Today, your life starts completely over." Louis had assured me as I had kissed his cheek, my heart racing with excitement for later that night.

~-~-~

I had watched from my bed as Louis had shut my bedroom door so Dad wouldn't intrude, my hands folded over my stomach as I watched him walk back over to me. We had cleared the blankets from the bed, a pillow and my body the only things remaining on it.

"You ready?" Louis had asked with a soft smile as he took one of my hands in his and kissed over the knuckles. My heart was racing so fast I feared it would jump out of my chest, my voice catching in my throat as all I could do was nod.

"Are you scared?" He asked quietly as he played with my fingers.

"No." I had immediately replied, Louis taking a deep breath before setting my hand back where it rested on my stomach.

"Good." He had said before holding his hands out in front of him, about to begin. He looked a bit nervous and shaky, and I felt bad for him. Before I had to lay completely still, I leaned up and placed my hands on the sides of Louis' face, pulling him in for a kiss.

"I trust you." I mumbled against his lips, smiling when I leaned back against the mattress. Louis seemed to appreciate my words of faith in him, letting out a sigh of relief before holding his hands in front of him again.

"Don't move a muscle." He ordered, his eyes closing as he began.

My eyes watched in wonder as a golden shimmer began to envelope the room and the space around me. The shimmer looked like tiny fireworks crackling and exploding into bright lights, the lights soon connecting into one giant aura around my whole body in seconds. I looked up to Louis, his eyes opened and his face completely focused as he raised his palms up high.

My breath was stolen away as I saw a shimmering blue glow lifting up from beneath my skin, all of it swirling up and compacting itself into Louis' open hands. Louis' hands swirled around the blue glow before forming into an image of a heart...my heart. Louis turned the model of my heart around in his hands, my eyes catching sight of small black spots littering the sparkling blue.

"This may feel strange, just try to stay still." Louis said to me before his fingers reached to pinch a spot of black. His closed fingers began to slowly pull the damaged spot away from the sparkling blue heart, a strange tugging sensation starting in my chest. An uncomfortable whimper escaped me and my eyes tightly shut as the stretching sensation turned painful, Louis whispering words of comfort to keep me still.

"I know, I know it hurts, just stay still." Louis grimaced as he heard my pain-filled groans. The spot was soon removed from my heart model, the shimmering blue glow growing and covering the space that was previously damaged.