Chapter 13

After hearing Shinsou's tale, it was time for the final member of the group to share their story.

Time for Monoma Neito to reveal their connection to the Garden.

And he was not looking forward to it...

---------------------------------------------------------

The Monoma family happened to be one of the wealthiest families in Japan, all thanks to their monopoly in the estate business. The parents were proud, rather egotistical people, thinking everyone else was below them.

Unfortunately, they would end up pushing these ideals onto their son, Monoma Neito. Not only would they force their beliefs onto him, they would treat him like a doll: dressing him in the clothes they liked and having him act the way they wanted, leaving very little room for the poor boy to discover who he truly was.

They were also very straight laced people, believing in outdated ideals such as 'men are superior' and 'the only acceptable relationships are between the opposite genders', which caused many problems for the golden blonde as he grew up.

The reason being, was that he could never bring himself to look at a girl the way his father had said he should, he couldn't look at them with any form of romantic interest... However, when it came to men...

He would quite often find himself, beginning at the age of thirteen or so, admiring the bodies of other boys his age. His brain was a complete mess, his oncoming hormones screaming that he was interested in boys, but his upbringing screaming that he should only be interested in girls.

It was all too much for him, his confusion manifesting in explosive outbursts, often of him trying to reassure himself that everything his father said had been right, trying to be best at everything.

That all changed very quickly, once he met someone who wouldn't accept his words.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a warm, midsummer day in Musutafu city. Monoma Neito was walking through the park, there was a market currently being held there, so he decided to explore the many stalls out of curiosity.

As he explored, he noticed many different people: young, old, mutated, unmutated, even those of higher class in such a low class market. He couldn't really comment on that last one however, as he was there too.

However, as he kept exploring, someone caught his eye, as they seemed very out of place.

Her skin was fair, her hair long and golden. She wore an ocean blue summer dress, with a similarly coloured summer hat. She also had a surprising lack of shoes, choosing to allow her bare feet to dig through the grass as she walked.

What truly stuck out were her eyes, and the thing wrapped around her hat. Her eyes, as clear and sparkling as the ocean at dawn, seemingly able to see through a very person and into their soul. And the thing around her hat, it seemed almost to be made of snake skin.

However, after it moved, and revealed a very much alive head, he realised that she literally had a snake riding on her hat.

After shaking away the bizarre realisation, he decided to see if he could talk to her, maybe she would help him anchor into his father's ideals. Mustering up his courage, and putting on the mask he, unknowingly, had forced into him by his parents, he made his way to her.

Taking a breath, he stopped by her, trying to keep his cool.

°"Good afternoon, madam."

The girl turned to him after a delay, tilting her head slightly .