Chapter 2

It had been two years since Orochi Izuku, formerly Yagi Izuku, had been appointed to the Caretaker of Eden.

He had grown to cherish his new position, the faith and trust placed within him. He showed nothing but compassion and care to both the Garden, and its many inhabitants. Said care, somehow, caused the Garden to flourish more, allowing it to grow in size.

Every so often, he would step outside of the Garden to see how the world has progressed, whether it's moved on from him. Every time, an animal from the forest connected to the Garden would follow him. Slowly, the city of Musutafu would grow to know the story of the 'Animal Boy', a pre-teen boy who would always be accompanied by an animal of some kind. Most times it would be something small, such as a squirrel or bird. Rarely, a stag would allow for him to ride it.

The reason animals trust him so much is due to one of the many abilities he gained, from eating the Fruit of Eden. He had the ability to converse with animals. Similarly, he seemed to constantly be emitting some form of pheromone, which causes animals nearby to enter a docile state. This included humans with Animalistic quirks. He'd accidentally discovered this, when saving two children, a similar age to him, as they were being attacked in the forest outside of the Garden.

---------------------------------------------------------

Orochi was sitting on an old fashioned, metal garden chair, enjoying a fresh glass of grape juice. He was snapped out of his peaceful thoughts when he heard cries of fear, coming from the other side of the barrier.

Furrowing his brow, he exited the Garden, the entrance fading as he did. Just as he stepped into the mortal world, he seemed to transform, changing his appearance enough to be unrecognisable.

His curious travels took him towards the crying, seeing a boy and a girl with animalistic quirks, being bullied by others with similar quirks

His curious travels took him towards the crying, seeing a boy and a girl with animalistic quirks, being bullied by others with similar quirks. However, the bullies seemed to have quirks related to carnivores. The boy had what seemed to be a raven's head, the girl seemed almost frog-like.

Puffing up his cheeks in disappointment, Orochi began to walk forwards. He could hear them after a moment.

°"What's wrong little froggy?? Hiding behind the Emo Chicken?!"

The fifteen year old bully yelled, followed by laughing. The second one trying to sound tough too, but slowly faltering.

°"Yeah! Otherwise we'll... We'll..."

They shook their head, Orochi noticing that the effect grew the closer he got.

°"I... I'm... I'm sorry..."

The other two bullies apologised with them, before walking away, holding their heads. The raven boy and frog girl were shocked, even more so when they saw a young man walk their way.

He stopped just a few meters away, and smiled to them. The smile gave off a warmth they'd never felt before, it was of purity, of genuine kindness. Even the smiles if their parents couldn't hold a candle to this.