Chapter 4

---------------------------------------------------------
The week after Orochi disappeared

---------------------------------------------------------

Yagi Kazuma, the eldest child of the Yagi family, had noticed something very strange about the household. Well, stranger than normal.

At first, he assumed it was nothing. But he knew better, he'd always known better. After a day or two of this new strangeness lingering, he'd figured it out.

Izuku was missing...

His eyes widened in terror at the prospect of this. His brother was missing, Izuku wasn't home!

A pure feeling of dread filled his body, running up to his brother's room. He swiftly opened the door, his eyes scanning around.

As always, Yagi Izuku's room was nearly barren. All that was present was a makeshift desk, with a large plank of wood for the desk, and two tires for the legs. His bed was very old, so old that he'd actually grown out of it four years prior. The wardrobe built into the room's wall had only one spare set of clothing, which was covered in scorch marks and tears. The rest were in a pile of charred fabric and ashes at the bottom, telling him that Bakugou had destroyed most of the clothing.

Kazuma teared up at the state of the room. Clenching his fist, he knew that things had finally gone too far. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket, eyeballing the one thing left on Izuku's desk, one of his famous "Hero Journals". Calling a specific number, he grabbed the book. After a moment of being left on call, he heard the line pick up.

°{May I inquire as to who is calling?}

Asked a male voice. It was very well spoken, very elegant.

°{Principal Nezu, this is Yagi Kazuma calling.}

°{Ah! My dear nephew! To what do I owe this conversation? I know you wouldn't call unless you were desperate.}

Principal Nezu of the U.A hero school. Ever since Kazuma's birth, he'd had the privilege of being the Yagi children's uncle, due to his closeness with their father.

°{It's... It's Izuku, Uncle...}

°{...}

There was a defeating silence coming from the other side of the line.

°{Go on...}

°{H-He's... G-Gone missing...}

Even though they were miles apart, separated by an audio only conversation, Kazuma could practically feel the mixture of worry, and rage, emitting from his Uncle.

°{You are to come to my office immediately. Bring only yourself, your "family" need not know of their fate... Yet...}

With that, the call was over. Tears rolled down Kazuma's eyes as he pocketed his phone. Tucking his brother's Journal into his school bag, he left the empty house.

His parents, the Number 15 pro hero Green Cheetah, and the Number one pro hero, All Might. Ever since they'd learnt of Izuku's quirklessness, they'd simply forgotten he'd existed.

Kazuma had inherited his mother's quirk, but far enhanced. "Animorph", the name of his quirk. It allowed him to become partially, or fully anthropomorphised as any animal he desired. He'd gain the physical traits of said animals.

Using his quirk, he changed his legs into that of a Cheetah, using the speed to run straight to U.A, his student tag sitting in his jeans pocket. As a third year student in U.A, he was only a few months away from graduating, from making his debut as a pro hero.