Arataka x Fem!Reader (Smut)

(Ultra-long chapter)

  You knocked on the door cautiously, unsure as to why your student would be here at this hour.

"Welcome to the Spirits and Such Consultation Office! Come in."

Upon entering the small office, your eyes scan the room. Not much out of the ordinary, with a few posters of a manic salesman and some plants that looked well taken care of. You turn your head to the left, taking in the bookshelf with titles such as "RISE AND GRIND" and various volumes regarding chiropractic medicine and anatomy.

"Now, I usually don't take walk-ins," your eyes swept towards the neatly organized desk, a figure slumped over a monitor, his hand rising to gesture you inwards, "but if you take a seat, I can see where I can fit you in, or if it's a small spiritual problem, handle it right here."

How... peculiar. You set down your bag and sank into the cushions of the chair, gripping the fabric of your skirt and sneaking glances at the supposed psychic. Reigen Arataka, read the small plaque at his desk. Now that you took another look at it, the poster on the wall appeared to be him, steel gray suit and all.

Besides the erratic clicking of his mouse and slight grunts, the office was completely silent.

"Look, I'm not really here for any paranormal issues," you began, struggling to finish.

Reigen looked up from his monitor, his gaze resting on you intently, and you realized that he didn't quite seem as old as you expected. You might even be a year or two older than him, but you were never that good at telling ages. You swallowed, unsure of the emotion behind his suddenly severe expression. God, adults your age made you so nervous. The ginger man made a tent with his fingers, resting his chin on top of them. "Then how can I help you today, ma'am?"

"No need to be so formal." You scratch the back of your head, severely unused to a formal office environment. "Listen, I'm here to tutor someone, and I couldn't find him anywhere. His friends told me I could find him here, but..."

"Mob?" Reigen perked up, beginning to gesture wildly. "About yea tall, a little expressionless, bowl cut?" You nod, wondering how he got a nickname like that. "Yeah, he should be here soon. He's an employee of mine, I had no idea he had a tutor." The ginger leaned back in his hair, stretching out like a cat. "Oh, by the way, would you like some tea for the wait?"

"Mm... sure, thank you." Well, he seemed more energetic. You watched his back as he prepared a kettle, your gaze wandering down and then shooting back up. Pretty nice ass. "I have to say, I didn't expect that."

"What do you mean by that?" His tone doesn't sound offended, particularly, moreso curious. You bit the inside of your cheek. The energy in the room was so much lighter, so much more playful.

"Well, I didn't quite expect a middle schooler to have a part time job, much less as an assistant to a psychic."

Reigen's index finger swayed in the air, followed by several more fluid hand gestures. It was almost melodic, flowing with his enthused speech. "Well, he has a once in a generation talent. Great kid, too, although a bit... you know." The man tensed. "Only because my incredible power and judgment nurtured his potential, of course. I am Reigen Arataka, after all, and—" He paused, stiff as a board. The psychic swiveled on his feet, leaning against the side table rather loosely, staring directly at you. You nearly choked on your own spit. "How rude of me, I forgot to ask your name."

"Um," you averted your gaze, "you can call me (Y/n)."

"Ooh, nice name." Reigen clicked his tongue, crossing one foot over the other and glancing out the window, preening himself. "What do you tutor Mob in, anyways?" The ginger looked all across the room, before not-very-subtly eyeing you. Was he...? No. No, that would be getting your hopes up. Why would some random guy you just met be interested in you? He was just making eye contact, like a normal person. "I didn't realize he was doing so badly in school..."