Daichi x Fem!Reader

(Y'all this is very fluffy very long chapter)

       Read at 9:54pm

> Delivered 9:22 pm

Seen at 9:39pm

Your eyes blurred out of focus as you stared down at the tiny letters on your phone.

It was... one of those nights.

Another night of desperately wanting to feel seen.

After graduating highschool, being the fiercely independent person you were, you got your own place and worked hard to keep it. Having the freedom of being alone was exactly what you wanted. But no one told you that being alone would make you... well, lonely. Your friends all seemed to be busy, or at least that's what you told yourself to stop the harsher assumptions from kicking in. Was it really that difficult? To send a text back?

Hey... i know you've got an early morning tomorrow but... i'm sorry i hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but is there anyway i could see you? It's been a rough day. I just need a hug. |

You look at the text message you crafted, focusing on the blinking cursor at the end of the sentence. Without your consent, your thumb hit the little blue arrow and sent the message off. You cursed at yourself, and threw your phone across the bed.

The message was sent to one Daichi Sawamura, police officer in training. The two of you had graduated from the same high school a few years back. He was in class 4, and you in class 5, so your interactions were limited. Polite smiles and waves hello were exchanged every now and again. Everything changed about a month ago. Your best friend just so happened to be in the academy with Mr. Sawamura. The two became quite close during the grueling hours of training. You went to surprise your friend at lunch one day, and Daichi greeted you with the same kind smile he had back in the halls of Karasuno. You had always admired the level headed leader of the volleyball team, never really summoning the courage to have a real conversation with him. Later that night, you received a text from an unknown number, which of course happened to be Daichi, saying he hoped you had the same number as the one saved in his phone from your days in high school. After a few dates, life seemed good again. It seemed as though the universe decided to reunite you two, and how can you say no to the universe?

But Daichi is a busy man. And you're equally as busy, caught up with survival jobs and chasing your dreams. Being an adult is hard. No one teahces you how to balance your life, leaving you to deal with the aftermath of poorly kept schedules. Not having any meaningful human contact within a week has been getting to you. And since it felt like Everyone Ignore Y/N Day, frustration and isolation got the best of you.

You and DaIchi are new. Its all fresh, light and fun. Cute dates, mild flirting. Asking to see him at a late hour due to your emotions getting the best of you was something you were not proud of. A strong wave of anxiety and regret washed over you. You feared he'd see you as clingy, or worse, think you only wanted to hook up.

You pressed your hands to your temple, upset with yourself for ruining something that had so much potential. After a few minutes, you crawl over to the side of your bed in which your phone landed. With a quick breath, you flipped over the device hoping to see a new message.

Instead, your heart sank to your stomach after reading the dreaded words, Read at 10:04pm.

You quietly sit back, allowing reality to hit. You laid in your bed for god knows how long. Allowing thoughts and minutes pass by without recognition. Music playing in the background.

A few loud knocks at your door causes you to let out a noise in which you've never made before. You cautiously look towards your door. Slowly getting up, you make your way to your small kitchen, retrieving a large kitchen knife. Swallowing your fear, you walked toward the door, careful not to make a single sound. Dread fills you as every worst case scenario flies through your mind. Prepping the escape plan in your head, you slowly raised yourself up to align your right eye with the peep hole. Through the warped lens, you see a familiar kind face on the other side of the door. "Oh my god," you say with a huge sigh, dropping your shoulders.