Chapter LXXVI

{Long Chapter Ahead - 3,735 words}

The Last Chapter

- Year 860 -

(Erwin's Point-of-View)

Never would I have thought that I would still be alive by now, reaching the age of fifty, I'm still well and alive.

It's truly surprising.

After all, I've lived my life believing that death will always come to me.

But I guess fate can be merciful, too.

I was given the chance to live my life with the woman I love and achieve the things I never had any hope of achieving the moment I abandoned everything to achieve my childhood dreams. I got married, I had children, my life is now peaceful and I'm happy.

Honestly, there are times when I think that I don't deserve all of this, but whenever I see what I got after all the things I've been through, my mind will set aside the negative thoughts and I would just feel relieved, I feel grateful. Because I'm with Y/n, I have a family that I love and cares for me.

"Erwin, aren't you going to drink your tea? It won't taste good anymore if it gets cold."

I snapped out of my thoughts when my wife spoke, I looked at Y/n who's seated across from me. We're outside in the veranda of our home, having our afternoon tea like how we always do. It's part of our daily routine.

"Sorry..."

Y/n only smiled as he nodded.

I can't help but admire her smiling face, we're both growing old, but Y/n remains looking like a young lady.

Even after how many years has passed already since I got together with this woman, she's still so beautiful.

Her beauty is undying.

So is my love for her.

"Do you even age, darling?"

Y/n looked at me, raising a brow.

"What kind of question is that?"

A small chuckle escaped my lips.

"I mean...just how can you look the same as the moment we got into a relationship? I might start to think that you're actually a vampire."

Y/n scoffed, she put her teacup down, then crossed her arms over her chest as she stared at me with a sarcastic face. "I could say the same to you. You don't age at all, my dear husband."

Heat rushed to my cheeks.

So even her...she still thinks I'm handsome?

"You flatter me..."

"My...are you getting shy now?"

"N-no?"

Y/n laughed, making me smile.

Her laugh is something I always look forward to hearing everyday. The sound of her laughter, no matter how loud or low it is, it's music to my ears.

"I can't believe...we're still together, Erwin...after all the things we've been through, we're still beside each other. Staying strong and still in love."

I kept quiet and just stared at Y/n.

I'm ready to listen to her, to whatever sentimental things she wants to say.

Even if it's just nonsense she talks about, I will listen to her.

"We've lost a lot of our friends, but we're still here...I wonder how they feel? I mean...sometimes I just can't avoid it but think of how our friends feel that we're still alive? I feel guilty, too. It makes me think we're being unfair to them..." Tears streamed down to Y/n's cheeks, but she immediately wiped it, hoping that I won't notice that she began crying.