Chapter IV - New Journey In Life

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,170 words}

"Thank you!!"

Y/n happily took the medicines she bought for her father. Her father's finally out of the hospital and she's very glad that her dad's well already,
and she's even more happy because she earned a lot of money to buy the medicines that her dear father needs.

Y/n held to her chest the small paper bag containing her father's medicines that she bought. It's quite expensive.

But thankfully, Marie's father had given her a bonus salary so she was able to buy her father's medicine.

Y/n stopped walking when she felt someone following her. A smirk crept onto her lips. "Someone's stalking me, huh..." Y/n turned around, she let out a small chuckle upon seeing who was following her. "Yo, Kenny!" Y/n said.

Kenny has a smug smirk plastered on his dark lips, both of his hands are inside the pockets of his long black coat, a cigarette is in between his lips.

"How have ya been, brat?" Kenny asked, he walked towards Y/n and gently ruffled her hair then continued walking, the young girl followed him.

"Fine. I haven't seen you in a while. Were you busy at work?" Y/n asked.

"Uh-huh..." Kenny said.

Kenny and Y/n have been in-touch for three years already, since that day they first met, that day Y/n bumped into him and he saved Y/n from her bullies. Though, he still didn't tell her about him being her biological dad.

And even Y/n still doesn't know that she's only adopted by the Vogel family. Not like it's an issue for Kenny.

The truth is, he prefers it that way.

He prefers that Y/n doesn't know about him being her real father.

But Kenny knows that Y/n will still get to learn about it. It could be today, tomorrow or just anytime of anyday.

Because no truth can be kept hidden forever. It'll eventually be unveiled.

"Have ya eaten lunch already?" Kenny asked, he puffed on his cigaratte for the last time then blew the smoke in the air. The dark-haired man then dropped his cigarette on the ground.

"Not yet." Y/n said. She puckered her lips upon feeling her stomach boiling.

"Tch..."

Kenny clicked his tongue as he looked back at Y/n. "Come on, let's eat lunch. I'm hungry anyways." Kenny said.

Y/n smiled and nod her head.

She catch up to Kenny's side and walked beside her father which she doesn't know yet is her real father.

Kenny took Y/n to a simple restaurant, but he made sure it's still good place.

Y/n excitedly sat on the chair on the right, Kenny sat on the chair across from her. In between them is a round table. Kenny was the one who ordered for them, of course, he still asked Y/n what she wants to eat, and Y/n being herself abused Kenny's kindness treat.

She ordered a lot, but it's not like Kenny minds. He has a lot of money.

Kenny removed his hat and placed it on the table. He clicked his tongue when Y/n took his hat and then wore it. "I gave you two-- I mean one. Why don't you use that?" Kenny asked.

Y/n shrugged. "I'll use it if I have a good clothes I can match it with."

A small chuckle came out from Y/n's mouth, it's funny how big Kenny's hat is for her. She removed it from her head and put it back on the table.