Chapter LXV - Long Live the Queen

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,455 words}

"What're you thinking, Erwin?!"

Y/n eyes widened, she immediately sat up from her seat, glaring at the commander of Orvud garrison who grabbed Erwin by the collar.

Erwin side-eyed her, the blue-eyed-man only calmly shook his head. Y/n clicked her tongue and stayed back just like what Erwin wants her to do.

"You're telling me to keep the citizens here?! Not to evacuate the?! That titan will be here by dawn!!"

The commander of the survey corps kept a stoic look while he stares at the other commander.

"But its an abnormal." Hange spoke.

The commander of the Orvud garrisons looked at the brunette.

"So what if it is?!" The man asked.

"The target is an abnormal titan, so its attracted to areas with higher concentrations of humans. This guy is so abnormal that he wouldn't be attracted by a small village. You'd need a place the size of this walled city for him to react. So if you were to suddenly evacuate these citizens inside wall Sina...then that's where it would be attracted, and it'd probably destroy the wall to get you. Eventually, it'd reach the royal capital of Mitras, which has the greatest population density, and humanity would be dealt a ruinious blow."

The garrisons went silent, what the brunette just explained registered in their minds and thought that Hange made sense. They're just too slow to think of that before objecting Erwin's plans. "...What?" The Orvud commander looked at Erwin.

His eyes landed on Y/n.

He felt shivers down on his spine seeing the deadly glare Y/n has on him. The man knows immediately that he need to let go of Erwin now.

"In other words...our only option is to take that titan out here, at the wall around Orvud district. And to do that, we need a large population of citizens to act as bait." Erwin stared straight into the commander's eyes, the man gritted his teeth as he stared back at him. "Of course, that doesn't change the fact that our first duty as soldiers to protect the lives of the people. We will do everything we can to keep a single citizen from being killed, even if we do fail to stop the target. Tell all the people of the district and the surrounding areas that an emergency evacuation is being held. We will make arrangements to move them in our out of Orvud quickly depending on the situation." Erwin calmly said.

The commander of the Orvud garrisons kept his stare at Erwin.

His brows furrowed and fist clenched.

"I guess...we have no choice."

"This titan is bigger than anything we've seen before. But that means its also a big, slow target. The cannons mounted on top of the wall should be extremely effective against it, but...if somehow that still doesn't defeat it..."

Erwin looked at his comrades.

"We will have to make full use of the power of the survey corps."

The blond-man said, his eyes focused on Eren. Everyone also looked at the green-eyed boy too. Making Eren to feel pressured, the green-eyed boy looked down as he swallowed hard.

"Everyone! Get moving!"

--

Y/n opened her jug of water, she glanced at Sasha who's seated beside her. The brunette-girl is holding a cracker, but she isn't even eating it.

"It wouldn't surprise me if a riot broke out today." Connie spoke.

"Yeah, after all, the royal government was just taken iver by the military." Jean said, agreeing to Connie's words.