Forty One

"I'm really sorry Y/N, I never thought auntie will do this to you" Sohee said 

I looked down and bit my lower lip. I sighed softly as I think of the past that I was desperately trying to get out of my system, past that I refuse to look back on but now, with Sohee and Jimin. Maybe it's not that bad revisit the past.

I look at their faces, Jimin's, his father and his brother. If this past is done for me, this is very new to them, this is the version that will open their eyes to the truth. 

"Auntie's lies, it was beyond believable, back then I can really see her pushing you to marry an old rich man. Did you know that she actually told my father that you need to be knocked up! And out of all people, it's Eunseok. 

I wasn't really shocked that mom can do something like this. It's disgusting yes but what can we do? It's in the past now. I lifted my head and my eyes drifted towards Jimin who is spacing out while listening to Sohee.

Sohee went on and on, Yoongi was trying to calm her down. 

Jimin's father look down, he shut his eyes tightly while shaking his head. 

"I thought that she was cruel with me, I thought it would be way different because you are her daughter but I really can't believe it. I was screaming at her on the phone when we received an invitation of your wedding with Eunseok! And what made it worse is Daesung, Eunseok's son subtly confirmed it!" Sohee ranted.

"It's not true. Now we know that it's not and none of it was true." Jimin said. 

"But it was really pissing me off, to say that I am pissed off is understatement. Considering that's we believed for years!"

I got it. It was so easy to believe it because mommy did it once to herself. 

"I can't believe that Jieun did this." Mr. Park said in a calm voice.

"What's important is that... none of it was true. Minjun is not anyone's son but mine. He's my son. And they are here now." Jimin said and he looked at me briefly before looking at his father. 

Sohee stood up and walk towards me and pulled me in her embrace and hugged me tightly and we stayed like that for a while as she whisper sweet words and apologies in my ear.

It was an emotionally draining day, it was a very long day for all of us and Jimin's father decided to call it a night as the clock hits nine pm. 

I look at Minjun who is already yawning while his cousin is still full of energy. 

"He's tired. We should go." He said while looking at me and his gaze stayed with me for quite some time before looking at Jimin. 

Jimin nodded at his father. "I took a week off, I'll do light work here instead" 

His brother and his father agreed at his decision. "I'll see if I can visit again in the next days" 

We walked them out of Jimin's unit up to the elevator and when they all entered, I was left alone with Jimin and our eyes met. Right there and then I can't even look at him in the eye. 

We walked in and we are looking for Minjun but as we stepped in the living room, Minjun was already fast asleep in the couch. Jimin silently walk towards him and carefully sit and caresses Minjun's hair before gently lifting up.

He didn't say anything. I just followed him and I almost sighed in relief when I saw him taking Minjun with him in the master's bedroom. I know that he won't let any chance pass, if there's a opportunity to sleep beside him, he will take it.

I was so drained to even complain or protest. I reached my limit with what happened yesterday and today. 

I look at him watching my son, his eyes were full of passion. The look of longing is just overflowing.