Ch 20

The king and queen invited us for the royal banquet today and I was getting ready for that.

"Honey you're done?" Yoongi asked me.

"Just a minute I'm almost done."

I was given a very expensive looking hanbok and honestly it's so nerve wracking. What if I end up making a mess ugh. So annoying.

After I was done I went out and found yoongi already standing behind the door. "Let's go."

Before going he held my hand and caressed it.

"Look don't worry ok. Even I'm nervous but that should not affect me if thy are my parents. I'll be there with you as well." He said.

He's the best husband in the world. I wanna eat him.

"Thank you for that."
_________________
(I'll be skipping lots of scene now to finish the story faster. It's basically all useless stuff the real plot starts now.)

The food was nice actually and a lot. Why do these royal people eat so much.

We were at the court to decide is yoongi is still capable of the throne of not considering that he lost his memory.

"Your majesty, crown prince yoongi is clearly not healthy right now. He should not be given the throne." One official spoke.

"Your majesty, crown prince yoongi is our only hope. You don't have any other heir." Another spoke.

"Your majesty, commander yoonseok is more than capable. He can handle the whole army alone then he will be able to take care of the throne as well." One of them said.

Others started laughing. "I beg your pardon. He is no way even a candidate."

"Enough." The king said. The whole court was silenced.

"I've heard enough and have decided that yoongi shall still be the crown prince." He said and left.
__________________
It's been few days since we moved to the palace and everyone has been nice till now. My personal handmaiden have become my friends and they often gossip about what happens in the palace to me.

So basically brother yoonseok is not in good terms with the king after he declared yoongi as the crown prince instead of him.

Ever since that he rarely spoke to anyone accept the queen and is always gone to somewhere no one knows. I haven't met him till now.

"Crown princess, I've called the doctor like you asked." My handmaiden said.

I smiled and nodded at her indicating to let the doctor in.

He sat down and bowed. It's still weird that someone has to bow to greet me. I'm enjoying it though.

"Why have you asked for me crown princess?" He asked me.

"Well lately I've been feeling nauseous and I don't really want to eat anything as I feel like puking afterwards. I get dizzy here and there. I haven't told this to anyone because I don't wanna scare them." I said.

He nodded and checked my pulse. He smiled and bowed again.

"Congratulations your highness, you are bearing the heir of the throne."

I'm becoming a mother...and yoongi is going to become a father.

I'm so happy. I touched my stomach where my little bean is growing and tears started forming.

"Thank you so much doctor for giving me such a wonderful news."

I can't wait to tell this to yoongi. He's going to become so happy.

I went outside my chambers to search for yoongi but someone else called me.

"Your highness, a terrible incident has occurred...his majesty has passed away." An eunuch told me.

Oh no the king died...how is that possible. He was all healthy and talking with us yesterday how did that happen.

I reached his majesty's chambers where he was rested at peace. I saw yoongi and went towards him. I grabbed his arms to comfort him.

He just found out who he is and reunited with his father and this has happened.

I looked around the room and saw an unfamiliar face. Judging by his clothes he looks like a soldier. He must be brother yunseok.

"Prepare for yoongi's coronation." Mother said.

She wiped her tears and took a breath. "We can't keep mourning for a loved ones passing but rather should proceed for a celebration. His majesty will be happy to have someone on the throne. Without his presence I know it's still new to us but we have to do it. As the queen dowager, I must think about the country before myself."

What no one realised was that someone was smirking in the crowd.
______________
Few moments before the king passed away.

"Your majesty, general yunseok is here to meet you." The eunuch said.

"Send him in."

The eunuch bowed and told yunseok to go in. After closing the door he kneeled in respect.

"Hello, father." He said while smiling. The king was confused. He had never talked to him ever since he was declared ineligible for the throne.

"What are you doing here? Is everything alright?" The king asked his son.

Yunseok sat down and put his sword beside him. "It was not, but it will be. I just wanted to ask you if have any wish before dying."

The king widened his eyes in shock. "How dare you want to kill your father. Guards!"

Yunseok laughed. "Oh father, they won't come. After all, I trained them. Do you think I will make a plan this weak? In this palace, all the guards are under my control. Even if you shout today no one will come."

The king started crying. He never though his son would do this to him. "But why?"

Yunseok clenched his jaw. "You never treated me fairly father. I'm your first son. Though from a courtesan but I'm still your blood. I was declared ineligible and you did nothing. Yoongi lost his memories which is enough to not make him the heir to the throne. He also has a scar on his face...isn't that forbidden?"

The king started coughing. His chest tightened and his heartbeat was speeding up.

"I'm sorry you felt that way but I did it tir protect you." He said while coughing.

"No father no one justification...too late now...slowly the poison will spread over your body and kill you. The death will cause you pain but you wouldn't die. You'll beg for death father you'll beg for death." Yunseok said and stood up to leave.

The king could not stop coughing. It was getting difficult to breathe for him.

"The poison was in your food by the way." He said and left.

He wiped the tear that was caused when he talking about mistreatment and faced and smiled.

"Now my dear brother yoongi."