-sixteen.

Sooyeon was really hurt. 'Why was status such a big deal in Goryeo?' She thought. Sooyeon  knew that's just how things were meant to be though. It was just like the historical dramas. If you were a maid you couldn't fall in love with someone of higher status. Especially a prince or a king. She was unlucky to go back in time, just to be a maid. This wasn't the life she wished to live, but now Sooyeon was dealing with it.

Maybe, deep down she didn't want to believe her feelings for the prince. Though, that was the real reason she had been hurt by what the maid said. 'Is that really what the prince thinks of me? If so how could he call himself kind, after degrading me over a royal decree.' She thought to herself with tears in her eyes. She struggled to hold them in watching the maid leave.

Sooyeon didn't care if she was being look down upon, but it's the fact that it was the only person who she thought was genuinely her friend. The prince. it just hurt her the most coming from the prince himself. It isn't what she expected. Then again the royal family is always going to be that way. Maybe  she thought it could be different this time.

'Why would he ask for my name the second  time? He helped me the first time. The second time was unnecessary but he met me anyway, and now suddenly it didn't mean anything to him at all and all because of some false rumors? It just didn't make sense.' Sooyeon thought to herself.

She had finally finished  picking the herbs and went back to lady so's manor.

Min ju and the lady noticed something wrong with her.

She didn't say much to them. Sooyeon bowed to her lady and greeted min ju before locking herself into her room with tears streaming down her face.