014, 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

dd was a bit worried. he knew india went out to kay flock's birthday party. she sent him pictures of her outfit and he can clearly see her story on ig where she posting herself and others. she hasn't texted him in an hour. india usually checks up once in a while wit dd just so dd can make sure she's good. and he does the same thing wit her when he's out. it just doesn't make sense. she hasn't posted or anything.

"you good?" notti asks dd. him, dd, and, ddot are all together right now, chilling. notti notices how dd gets quiet and he can see a certain look on dd's face. "dd?"

"i'm aight," dd responds. "i know india at a party right now but we do hourly check ups. feel me? she just hasn't texted me back. i'm probably buggin."

"you know she's prolly high as fuck right now and forgot her phone exists." ddot laughs, trying to make him feel better.

"nah, ya right."

dd's phone starts ringing. he thinks it's india but when he picks it up, he sees that jaden is calling him. and when he picks up, it sounds loud in the back, and her loud cries fill his ear.

"david!" she cries when he picks up. "bro, david. where are you?"

"jaden? you good?" dd asks, sitting up more when he realizes his friend is crying. "i'm at the crib wit ddot and notti. wassup?"

"david," jaden repeats, her voice breaking a bit. "ya gotta get to the hospital right now. india was shot bro and she's in surgery."

dd feels his whole body turn cold. it's like medusa brought out her snakes and turned him into stone. he can feel his heart drop to his feet.

"what the fuck you mean india got shot?" dd yells and when notti and ddot hear this, they stop playing the game, and look at dd. "she got shot at the party? is she okay?"

"yes and i don't know," jaden cries. "just please get here. me, cici, her mom, and armani are here. along wit alexis, india's bestie. ya need to get here."

"aight. we comin." dd tells her. jaden tells him the hospital and after that, she hangs up.

"what the fuck happened?" notti asked frantically.

dd puts his face in his hands as tears start falling out. his girlfriend just got shot and she's in surgery. never in a million years would he think this would happen. what if his mom thought it was him? what if everybody else thought is was him? all india told him was she was going to his birthday party. she didn't tell him the addy or nothing. and why would he go to a party to shoot his girlfriend? if he wanted to take out kay flock, he would've caught him alone. it just feels like whoever did this only wanted to get india.

"they shot her, bro," dd replies through tears. "they shot india. ion know who did it but she's in surgery right now. jaden said we gotta go to the hospital right now."

"i'll go tell jstar to give us a ride." ddot says as he runs out of the room.

"she's gonna be okay," notti replies, holding dd's face in his hands and wiping his tears. "she's strong. she gon fight through it. she's just like me. india ain't gon leave us. you especially. not like this."

"i thought i was gon lose you and now here i am thinkin i'm finna lose my heart. my fuckin soul. i hate this shit, bro." dd sniffles.

"but you didn't and you ain't bout to lose india, either. put ya shoes on. let's wait for her until she gets out of surgery." notti says.

dd doesn't know whether to be upset or angry. all that's running through his mind right now is india being okay. he puts his shoes on and throws on a sweater. the tears don't stop running down his face no matter how many times he wipes them away.