003, 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

india is finally starting school today. she found out that dd, ddot, and notti do online school. she wishes she can go to school with jaden and sierra but they go to school in harlem and she has to go to school in the bronx. she hates being a new kid. people are always looking at her and she just feels super awkward.

her and dd have been texting ever since she left his apartment on sunday. he flirts with her a lot but he's honestly a sweetheart. india doesn't know how flirt—not that she wants to—so most of the time, she's just mean to him. dd seems like he likes it though.

her mom is supposed to be sleeping because she starts her job at nine in the morning but she wakes up to make sure she can take india to school instead of her daughter take an uber everyday.

after india gets out the shower, she fixes up her hair, puts on a light makeup look, and throws on a calm but cute fit. she doesn't want to look bummy on the first day because she wants to make a good impression.

 she doesn't want to look bummy on the first day because she wants to make a good impression

and as she's putting on jewelry, her phone vibrates, indicating she got a text from dd.

DD MH🫂
goodmorning ma❤️
you excited for the first day of school?

MY INDIA 🤞🏼
absolutely tf not .. like at all ..
and goodmorning !!! why u up? don't you
start online class in like an hour?

DD MH🫂
don't be nervous.
if anybody try sum wit u
just call me and let em know it's up
for em when they see me wrdd.

DD MH🫂
and yeee i do but this fucking
dickhead ddot came early asl
and we smokin a blunt rn

MY INDIA 🤞🏼
smoking a blunt rn is crazy 😂 .
y'all better not knock and do school
or else ima have to knock y'all out

DD MH🫂
yeah yeah lil nigga😒
but come see me tmr after school
mama. i miss u already

MY INDIA 🤞🏼
alright iguuu!!!
i'm bout to leave the crib rn but text me if anything.
i'll go see you tmr

DD MH🫂
aii my heart.
safety.

her mom drops her off at school and she's shitting bricks. she says goodbye to her mom as she gets out of the car and holds her purse tightly to her body. she's a bit late which is even worse because when she walks into first period, everybody's eyes will be on her and she would probably have to stand up in front of the class and introduce herself to everybody.

she put her schedule as her lock screen so she can get used to knowing what classes to attend. india has six classes everyday which isn't bad at all. her first class—history—was on the first floor which means she doesn't have to walk up a whole flight of stairs or more.