Chapter 4: "I love those who yearn for the impossible." ~Johann W. V. Goethe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"KIKYOU-CHAN, do you want to stop by a cafe on the way home?"

"Un, let's go! Ah, but wait a bit. I want to ask one more person."

I can already see where this is going, as Kushida walks towards a person with long black hair. This person was Horikita, and she was placing her book inside her bag.

"Horikita-san. I'm going to the cafe with my friend—if you'd like-"

"Not interested."

Horikita cuts down Kushida's offer with less than 3 words.

She could've said she has other matters to attend to, or even that she needs to go shopping or something. But no, Horikita just bluntly tells her no. I mean, it's in-character of her to do that, Horikita must be very annoyed since Kushida has been asking the same question "Would you like to join (me)?" ever since the entrance ceremony ended.

"Is that so.... Well, I'll invite you some other time."

Despite being rejected, she still manages to keep her smile on her face.

'She's very good at hiding things, another reminder to not get close to her.'

As if I've never thought of that when I entered this world.

She was about to leave Horikita before Horikita says something back.

"Wait a second, Kushida-san."

I already know that Horikita wouldn't join her, so I decided to stand up.

"Ayanokouji, I'll be leaving. Sorry if you wanted me to come with you or something."

Ayanokouji should his head.

"No... no, it's fine. Besides if it's something important or private, I can't interfere without your permission."

I bowed down in response and picked my torso back up.

"Sorry, Ayanokouji. Although I empathize with you since you'll be lonely, I think."

He scratches his head in "embarrassment" when I said that.

"Well, I have errands to do so I'll be going, I'll call..."

I suddenly stop talking and Ayanokouji tilts his head in concern before he realizes.

"Ah...that's right. You don't have my contact information, right?"

I nodded my head as he takes my phone out, I do the same.

"I'm surprised we haven't exchanged contact information, even though we were the first friends we made in this school. Heck, we even exchanged contact information with Ike, Yamauchi and Sudou before each other."

He is correct, we haven't exchanged contact information until now. Although I think it's because subconsciously, I didn't want to get too close to Ayanokouji, so I guess that included calling each other over the phone and texting.

"You're the first boy I ever loved to get my contact information."

"...What's wrong with you Ayanokouji?"

"A lot. I apologize."

We were about to finish exchanging contact information until Horikita stands up and leaves.

Ah, so Kushida already tried huh?

After Horikita leaves, we finish exchanging contact information with each other over the phone. I was about to go and leave until—

"Ayanokouji-kun, Shinjiro-kun. If possible, do you both have time?"

Hirata calls out to Ayanokouji and surprisingly me. Unfortunately for Hirata, I want to go home.