Chapter 1.2

CHABASHIRA walks into the class and stands in front of the podium, indicating she's about to speak.

"Ahem, good morning new students. My name is Chabashira Sae and I'm in charge of Class D this year. I teach Japanese history. This school doesn't rearrange classes every year, so over the next 3 years, I hope to get to know all of you. Best regards. Although the Entrance Ceremony will be one hour from the gym, I will now distribute the list of special rules this school and matriculation guide." Dude, there's another one?

From the front, the handouts were passed. Ayanokouji passes one to me as I nod to him as a form of gratitude.

I already know most of the rules, but might as well reread them to "refresh" my memory, right?

"I will now hand out student ID cards. With this card, you can buy anything from any of the shops and facilities around campus. It works like a credit card. However, be careful of how many points you use. There's nothing you can't buy at school. If there's something on school grounds, it's purchasable."

It's pretty upsetting how most of the class didn't catch that besides Ayanokouji, Horikita and possibly me.

Wait, what do I mean by "possibly me?" I didn't even catch it on when I first watched it. Stop over evaluating yourself.

I was just plainly enjoying the show until the reveal at the end. I was... shocked to say the least.

"Student cards can be used by swiping them on the machines. Using the machines are really easy, so you won't have any trouble with them. The points will be automatically credited on the first day of the month. Everyone should already have 100,000 points on their card. Also, 1 point is worth 1 yen. Any more explanation is unnecessary."

As expected, the class got loud. Not that I would blame them, if I was new to COTE, like directly reincarnated without knowing the series, I would probably question the school's motives, but still be surprised.

100,000 for a high school student? There's no way.

I still question to this day; how does the government be able to afford this? Giving this many yen to students? Imagine, hypothetically speaking, a class or even a grade, was able to get over 500,000 or 1 million yen per month estimate since points equal to yen. This is for 3 years by the way; can they even accept that? Or even 200,000 would be insane.  

Also considering the fact that they're giving away 100,000 to the first years, not the second and third years since they're not new. There are about 40 students per class, right? Using basic math of multiplication, that would be 40 x 4 = 160 students in total in the first years. This means that they're giving away a whopping 16,000,000 yen per month.  '...How is this possible?' I would've said. Well Japan is rich.

"Were you guys surprised by the amount of points given? This school measures the abilities of students. Everyone here, who passed the entrance exam, has shown some level of merit and worth. The amount of money is a reflection of your skills. Use without holding back. After graduation, however, all the points will be taken back. Since it's impossible to change these points into cash, there's no point in saving up the points. How the points are used are up to you. Use it on things you like or need. If you feel that no use for some of your points, you can always transfer them to someone else. However, bullying other people for points is prohibited. The school is very strict on matters concerning bullying."

Chabashira-sensei looked around the room. 

"It seems like no one has questions. Well then, please lead a good student life."

After ending her speech, a lot of our classmates still couldn't hold back their surprise.

"It isn't as strict of a school as I thought it would be."