"Happy? Unhappy?" Short Story 2.2

We immediately left the classroom and ran like the wind through the corridor.

It looks like it might be a bit motivated.

While I was feeling slightly embarrassed, we ran through the empty courtyard and arrived at the dorms entrance. Thanks to the students who were going to class, the two elevators were stopped on the first floor. We immediately entered the elevator to go to the 12th floor.

Since I couldn't help but feel anxious, I kept pressing the target floor's button.

"Dude, you're going to break the elevator. You've already pressed it." Shinjiro said

"I know... The upper floors are the girl's area..."

We arrived at the corridor of the 12th floor in an instant and looked for room number 1201. Just by thinking this was the place where the girls live, my heart started beating faster. Dangerous, this is not the moment to think about these things. If it's like what Kushida saw, then Horikita should be inside her room.

After arriving at the front of the room, I first caught my breath. Then I pushed the doorbell.

"..."

However, after waiting for a while, I did not hear a response from the room.Have you already left for the school?

No, there is only one path to school. If that was the case, we would've surely run into each other. And she didn't take the other elevator.

She's either not in her room, or perhaps she has collapsed inside.

In order to confirm the situation, I gripped the entrance doorknob.

"Should I knock the door again?" I asked.

Even though she's Horikita, she's undoubtedly a girl.

"Since it's an invasion of privacy, I think we should." Shinjiro answered.

I pushed the doorbell, then I knocked the door, and waited for a response from inside.

This time I waited a bit longer. But it was the same in the end. No reaction.

"Damn, there's no other way."

Having made a firm resolution about entering the door, I turned the doorknob.

Then the doorknob easily turned around, thus opening the door. Which meant the probability of Horikita being inside was very high.

"Hey Horikita, are you here?"

Since it's one room, by looking inside was enough to find out the situation.

Then--

"Eh..."

Horikita was inside.

She didn't collapse, nor was in pain.

She was in the process of changing her clothes.

She didn't suddenly scream because of the unexpected visitor, but calmly looked at me with a sharp glance.

"...What are you two doing?"

She didn't feel ashamed, Horikita stopped her movements and asked me.