010. greg dewey

a/n: 8-10 chapters left!!

"𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗙𝗨𝗖𝗞 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 The Lafite while he's in there." Luke said as he locked the glass door.

Everyone was silent as they had no idea what to do with Dewey and no one knew Luke had all this wine in his basement.

Luke turned to face the group after glaring at Dewey who was curled up in a ball in the corner of the cellar.

"Bro! Bro, how come you never told us you had all this wine down here?" Jason asked as he is running came down the stairs. He moved Grizz and Will out of the way so he could make his way to the front of the group.

Almost everyone ignored him, but Luke responded. "This isn't just wine, Jason. This is a collection."

"Someone has to make sure that he gets food and water." Hunter pointed out.

"Luke, can you bring someone down here?" Will asked he turned to the boys behind him. "Keep an eye on him?"

"Yeah, yeah, we'll do shifts." Like responded nodding with Will's words.

"How's he going to go to the bathroom?" Allie asked, breaking the silence she had since that morning."

"We'll get him a bucket or something," Grizz said. "Look, it's the only option," Grizz said as an attempt to comfort Hunter, He could hurt someone else and what he did to Cassandra."

Grizz stopped and looked at Allie. She was looking down the floor, the subject of her sister was still a little sore. "He's not getting away with it." he finished.

"Then why don't I feel any better?" She whispered to herself.

The room became silent but before everyone could leave Allie called for a meeting at the church in an hour. She told The Guard to spread the word, and everyone was gone.

. . .

The church was filled with students whispering rumor of how Dewey was captured and dragged out of his house. Yet, everyone still seemed to be filled with joy because the punishment wasn't on their shoulders.

It was on Hunter Mayer the cheer captain and had her whole future planned out in front of her.

Everyone in the church looked at Campbell as he strode down the aisle. They were in awe because somehow Campbell wasn't the reason for Cassandra's death.

Hunter held his gaze her eyes drifting to the girl beside him Elle.

"Let's make with brief. I want to provide and update on everything," Hunter spoke, she tried her best not to let it show that she felt betrayed from Elle and her own boyfriend. "There was an arrest this morning. Greg Dewey. We're keeping him in an undisclosed location until we figure out what happened, you know, if there was anyone else involved."

When the announcement ended and people left the church, Hunter watched as Campbell placed a kiss on Elle's forehead and left her to approach his actual girlfriend.

"Get your shit or I'm throwing it in the garbage." Campbell spoke firmly, "I'm done with whatever this is."

. . .

"What was watching him?" Hunter asked as she rushed down to the basement of Luke's house, the sound of yells and grunts filling her ears.

"Clark," Luke responded.

"You left them alone?" Hunter screamed as she ran down the stairs to find Clark standing over Dewey. Clark was sprinkled with blood and his knuckles were covered purple bruises. Dewey had a black eye and blood oozing from his nose. Luke and Grizz ran over and knocked on the window causing Clark to look up.