003. happy hunter

𝗛𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙 standing in the bathroom at Campbell's house, looking at someone's reflection in the mirror that she did not recognize. Her once bright blue eyes seems dim and hollow, lacking the life she was once told they held. Her blond hair was tucked into her shirt, all ratted from Campbell holding it earlier.

She felt empty and alone, almost as if her worst fears came true. She was isolated in a world with out a purpose in it. Hunter wasn't religious, but she prayed that the boys would come back from their 'mission' with an explanation and a way out.

A short while later Hunter found herself sat beside Helena in the church, a result from classmates texting each other that Grizz had possibly found something.

Helena picked up her phone to call one of the boys as their presence was still absent.

"Anything?" Cassandra asked Helena.

"He's not answering." Helena said referring to her boyfriend who was wandering through the woods as they spoke.

"They must be headed back," Harry said, leaning forward in the benches, his hair was a mess but his face lacked any indications of concern.

He wasn't really friends with Hunter, Campbell wasn't particularly found of her being friends with the opposite gender and Sawyer was the minor acceptation. Hunter and Harry where mere acquaintances, the same social status.

"That's why the want us together," Harry added the obvious.

"So fast? Twelve hours. Maybe they found something?" Kelley added looking at her fellow cheerleader with worry in her eyes.

"Or maybe they found nothing. Why wouldn't he say if it was good news?" Helena asked.

"Grizz doesn't seem like the type to want people to panic or get their hopes up, I'm sure he'll tell us what he found. Right?" Hunter attempted to bring some reassurance to the group.

"The kids in the church continued to chatter as Cassandra looked around nervously.

"Listen. Hey, listen up." Cassandra said getting everyone's attention. "Listen up. While we're all here, together, there are some things we ought to figure out."

The kids who were sitting in the pews looked up at her. Hunter sat on the stairs that led up to the altar between Helen and Elle. She wasn't very close to either of the girls, Helen also being a cheerleader give her somewhat of a friendship with her.

Elle on the other hand she barely spoke too, which would make sense for her odd behaviour beside the girl.

Elle was practically shaking beside the girl, avoid any eye contact.

"Figure somethings out, before we rip this place apart or maybe, you know, start hurting each other." A voice yelled out from the church.

Cassandra had her arms crossed over her body in a nervous manner as she played with her fingers.

"I don't know what the hell is going on. Maybe Luke will come back with some good news." Helena said as she interrupted Cassandra.

"Maybe? Of course, he will." Elle assured from beside Hunter, attempting to comfort Helena. She slumped back down in her seat, cowering the moment her eyes briefly meet Hunter's piercing blue ones.

"Why don't we just wait and see, Cassandra?" Harry asked turning to the blonde girl.

"Because I would rather prepare for the worst before the worst happens." Cassandra retorted.

"What does that mean, prepare?" Kelley asked.

"I don't know specifically," Cassandra turned to the crowd of kids. "But I think it means we agree not to just take things when we want until all the food is gone and we starve."