006. moonlight dancing

𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗩𝗢𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗗𝗜𝗗𝗡'𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥 as much as it should have, instead it brought an odd sense of comfort and calmness through her body as she turned around to face him. The kindhearted football player, Grizz Visser, tilted his head to the side as he waited for the blonde to responded to his questions of if she needed help with the pile of items in her hands.

"Oh, thank you, but i'll be okay," Hunter said softly as she titled her body to the side in a poor attempt of catching the falling boxes of bandages and wraps. They fell tot he ground in a soft thud that was drained out by the sigh of Hunter, "That would be very kind, thank you Grizz."

He nodded, bending down to collect the boxes he paused and examined what was both on the floor and in her hands before his eyes fell to her hands and then trailed up her body to her arms, neck, and finally her face that had makeup all over it. Something anyone would ignore, but not him. Not Grizz, the same Grizz who had watched Hunter Mayer everyday for three years and knew she didn't wear makeup other than to events.

He wanted to question her, to ask if she was okay and assume the worst. But Grizz knew, and don't ask how he did, to never ask a victim what happened when they're still in denial. So, instead, he offered a friendship which is needed at times like this.

"Your eye shadow is very pretty, Hunter," Grizz said and he collected some of the items from the girls hands.

"Thank you," She smiled softly, causing his cheeks to flush with red. "I feel like you should know, seeing as you where there and not involved, that the girls have collectively expressed a feeling of unsafe after the events at the stores."

He swallowed slowly, taking a moment to construct his next words very carefully, "And do you feel unsafe around any of the guys?"

What felt like an eternity later, Hunter responded, "I can handle myself."

. . .

Hunter found herself returning to the church later that day, along side Cassandra and Allie with the group of football boys behind her. After she had told Grizz about the collective feeling within the girls, he agreed with the girls and wanted the other guys to see the faults.

Hunter sat beside Helena, allowing the boys to have the whole row behind her.

"We need to know what we have." Cassandra said from the front of the church, as she got everyone's attention. "We need to know what we are at risk of running out of. So, they'll be an accounting of resources."

She stopped and took a shaky breath. "Once we get a handle on that, we'll begin to ration food, "This received a reaction from the crowd. "Eating meals communally in the cafeteria. We'll also share houses, in case water and electricity are in limited supply."

As Cassandra went on more in depth more the kids started to groan or protest at her suggestions and rules."No one will be doing any of this alone... we'll have rotating work-lists. That way, everyone contributes the same and this includes decision-making. It'll be by committee." Cassandra sighed. "Finally, we will put together a committee on going home, to formally investigate how we got here and where we are."

She looked down at her black journal one last time. "Oh. Lastly, we will be having our prom tomorrow night. Before you protest, prom was supposed to be our goodbye and I still think we deserve one. I hope to see you all there."

Hunter leaned forward and gave Kelly a wide smile as cheers erupted over the few protests as most people just need something to take their minds off, well, everything.

"I think we should vote, on the said plan." Cassandra said. "All in favour, please raise your hands."

Kelly mouthed a plea to Hunter to use her power and sway the crowed into voting. Before coming to wherever this place was, Hunter was cheer captain and months away from becoming prom queen for the second time.