Feelings Running Around (10)

After a long week at work, it was finally Friday. Amelia woke up early as usual. She finished getting dressed and headed to work. Amelia didn't have a car, and therefore had to take the bus to work. She got onto the bus and it drove away. The station Amelia gets off on is around 10 minutes away from the coffeehouse. When she arrived, she noticed Vince inside.

"Goodmorning" she yawned. "Morning Amelia" Vince replied. Amelia fixed herself a coffee and sat down in front of him. "Last shift before new years huh?" Vince said. "I didn't even think about that" Amelia leaned back. 10 minutes later, Lucía entered the coffeehouse. "Am I late?!" she panted. "We open in 20 minutes. You're good" Vince replied.

"Ahh, great" Lucía gave him a thumbs up. "Oh goodmorning Ams" Lucía said. "Morning" Amelia smiled. Lucía went and sat down with them. The three talked until it was opening time. Lucía and Amelia put on their aprons while Vince took down the rest of the chairs. Customers started entering the store. They all did their thing. Lucía made the orders, Amelia called out the orders, and Vince continued typing and sending emails.

"It feels like I'm back in 8th grade whenever Vince brings up the winter break" Lucía laughed. "Yeah, I wish I actually was in 8th grade tho" Amelia chuckled. Both girls continued talking while doing their jobs. Suddenly, three very familiar teenagers entered the coffeehouse. "Hi!" one of them said. "Luz?! what are you doing here?" Lucía asked. "School's out! we got to end early today because we're going on winter break!" Luz exclaimed. "Hey mittens" Amelia smirked. "What did I tell you about calling me that?" Amity frowned. "Hey Willow! you're sister in jail yet?" Lucía joked. "Hi! I'm surprised she isn't.." Willow muttered.

"Well, what can I get you girls?" Amelia asked. "Before you three answer, how'd you find this coffeehouse?" Lucía asked. "A guy in our grade was talking about how good a donut he bought from this place and we wanted to check it out. I had a suspicion that you two worked here and it looks like I was correct!" Luz grinned. "Donut.." Lucía thought. "I remember that kid! y'know that sweetheart from yesterday?" Lucía turned to Amelia. "Oh yeah! he was so kind, cant say the same about his friends.." Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, can I get a donut please?" Luz asked. "Which flavor?" Amelia said. "The same one he got" Luz shrugged. "I'm guessing you two want the same thing?" Amelia looked at Amity and Willow. "Yes!" they both said at the same time. "Name for the order? nah I'm just messing with ya" Amelia chuckled. "Three chocolate donuts coming up!" Lucía clicked the tongs. She got the donuts and put each one into a separate box. "Question, do we have to pay?" Luz smiled awkwardly. "Luz, what do you think?!" Lucía facepalmed.

"Just ask Vince" Amelia told them. "And you expect us to know who Vince is?" Amity rubbed her forehead. "Uhm, whatever. VINCE?" Amelia shouted. "Calm down! what is it?" Vince ran up to the counter. "Uh so basically, these girls are our siblings and were wondering if they've got to pay for their order. Yes or no?" Amelia asked. "I'd say no, but this once its fine" Vince told them. "Thank you!" the girls thanked him. Lucía handed the donuts to the three and they thanked her. "Are you gonna go home?" Lucía asked her sister.

"Yeah, is it okay if Amity and Willow come over?" Luz asked. "Do I look like your mother? do whatever you want" Lucía answered. "You kinda do- thank you!" Luz smiled. The three girls left the coffeehouse and headed to Luz's house. "I wonder what Wionna's up to" Lucía said. "That girl never fails to surprise me.." Amelia looked at Lucía.

"Are you single and ready to mingle! hit me up! my name is Wionna Park, I'm 19 female, only into women, sorry ma dudes, and I'm a virgin" Wionna shouted out in public. "Get out of here!" a man shouted at her. "Sad that you can't pull me?" Wionna stuck out her tongue. "Some of us are actually trying to go on with our day, and you're ruining the peace we've created" another man scoffed. "Peace? what earth are you living on" Wionna cackled. "I'm calling security!" a woman exclaimed. "Ah shit!" Wionna ran away.