A Snowy Afternoon (9)

One week had passed since Lucía and Amelia spied on their sisters. Lucía woke up once again, late. She rushed out of bed and got dressed. She didn't even have enough to eat breakfast. "I'm gonna be late! love ya!" Lucía shouted at Luz before running out the door. "Love you too!" Luz waved goodbye as she continued munching on her cereal.

Lucía arrived 10 minutes late due to traffic. She ran into the coffeehouse to find Vince and Amelia sitting by a table discussing something. "Sorry I'm late. There was traffic and I-" Lucía rambled as she got cut off by Vince. "It's fine. Nobody comes in around this time anyway" Vince said. "What are y'all talking about?" Lucía asked as she took a seat. Amelia explained that they'd be getting a week long break before new years eve. "Really?! that's amazing!" Lucías face lit up.

"Its only because we're going under renovation! poor people, gotta renovate this dump on new years" Vince joked. "Anyways, chop chop! back to work!" Vince got up and shooed them away. "Ay, ay Captain!" Lucía saluted. Both girls got behind the counter and put on their aprons. "I still can't believe Luz and Amity kissed last week" Amelia's eyes widened. "Tell me about it. Oh my god, did you know that they knew we were spying on them?!" Lucía asked. "Yeah.. Amity called me over the phone" Amelia chuckled.

"Enough of them. How about you kiss me-"

"No"

Customers started entering the store and Lucia and Amelia got back to work. Vince continued sending out emails, Lucía made coffees and Amelia took all the orders. Things were running quite smoothly, until a group of teenage boys entered the coffeehouse. "Hello there ladies. Are you two on the menu? because you two are snacks" one of the boys winked at Amelia and Lucía.

"I will call the police if you and your stupid friends dont get out of here" Amelia popped her gum in the boy's face. "Don't be so feisty baby" the other boy bit his lip. "Don't be calling me baby when I'm almost a decade older than you" Amelia scoffed. "Age is just a number" the boy rubbed his chin. "So is nine, one fucking one" Lucía picked up the phone and started dialing down a number. "Please. We wont tell" both boys got down on their knees and begged.

"I am so sorry" the third boy mouthed. "Eh, its fine" Amelia told him. "Hey! if you two don't stop harassing my employees I'll call the cops!" Vince shouted. "Are you dating one of them or something? if you are, let us date the other one" one of the boys down on the ground said. "Stop saying that as if we're objects. Plus, I like girls" Lucía rolled her eyes. "What about the other one?" the boy pointed at Amelia. "I'm not some fucking prize you win at a carnival! and for you information, I'm into girls too" Amelia crossed her arms.

"Get your asses out of here!" Vince pushed them out of the store. "I'm so incredibly sorry for my friend's behavior.. can I get a chocolate donut, please" the third boy apologized. "Y'know, I've experienced weirder things in my life" Amelia told him. "Ofcourse. Name for the order?" Lucía asked the boy. "Gus" he replied. "I'll be right with you kid" Lucía said. She got Gus's donut and handed it to Amelia. "Order for Gus!" she shouted. He got up to the counter and payed for his donut. "Thank you. And once again, I'm very sorry for their behavior" Gus apologized.

"Nothing for you to worry about. Have a good day" Amelia smiled. Gus smiled back and left the store. "And here I thought today was gonna go just fine" Lucía joked. "Watch it snow next" Amelia chuckled. They all got back to what they were doing. Everything was running smoothly after that weird incident. Once work finished, everybody cleaned up and got ready to leave. "I'll see you later Ams" Lucía waved goodbye to Amelia and left the coffeehouse.

"See ya Luce" Amelia scrolled through her phone. "Are you not gonna leave?" Vince jokingly asked. "Jeez, do you hate me that much?" Amelia said sarcastically. "I'm leaving in a few minutes, I've just got to finish doing this really quick" Amelia focused on her phone. It wasn't anything important, she was just scrolling through Instagram. "Yeah because social media is so important" Vince laughed. "Exactly" Amelia didn't take her eyes off of her phone. After a few minutes, Amelia got up. She took off her apron and put on her jacket. "Bye Vince" she waved.