First Shift (1)

EDITED CHAPTER JULY 2023

Amelia had found herself looking for a job after her parents kicked her out. She needed money to support herself.

"Amelia! help the new girl" Amelia's manager called out. "Whatever" she replied. Amelia would oftentimes notice that she was being quite an asshole, but it wasn't ever on purpose. Her parents caused her to be like that.

The rules, the talks.
All the unneccessary times she was forced to change her behavior. Amelia felt like she didn't belong, but she always put that thought at the back of her mind. She had bigger problems to deal with, like helping the new girl.

"Hi I'm Lucí-" Amelia cut her off. "Cute whatever, what do you need help with?" She asked in a rude tone. "What a bitch" Lucía thought. "Are you going to tell me what you need help with or just keep standing there?" she scoffed.

"What's your problem exactly? ya' think acting like that is gonna get you anywhere?" Lucía looked at her, whilst questioning if she should give the job up already. "Sorry? what do you want me to say.." Amelia's voice faded. After a brief moment of silence, she spoke.

"Amelia. You?" she asked. "Name's Lucía. Nice name, ams" Lucía smiled.

"Don't call me that" Amelia said quietly. Lucía lightly rolled her eyes as she then changed the subject. "How long have you been working here?" She asked. "A while" Amelia replied, with no interest whatsoever. "That's a horrible answer" Lucía laughed. Amelia took notice of Lucía's smile.

"Pretty" she thought. "You're not entitled to a great answer" Amelia said as her lips began to form a smile . "I'm making progress, made ya smile" Lucía joked.

"You did not-"

"No I definitely did"

Both girls bursted out into laughter. "Could I get your number?" Lucía asked after she finally calmed down from all the laughter. "You already falling for me, Luce?" Amelia joked. Nobody had ever called Lucía 'Luce' before. The comment from Amelia left a pinkish-red blush on Lucía's face.

"For work purposes, Ams" Lucía chuckled. "Sure, fine, whatever" Amelia grabbed Lucía's phone from her pocket and dialed down her number. "Now that you two are done flirting, mind getting back to work?" the manager told the two. Both girls quickly looked away from each other, embarrassed. "Dont be saying shit like that Vince" Amelia talked back.

"You guys would make an adorable couple" Vince took a sip out of his coffee. "HEYYY, Vince or whatever your name is, I do not have a thing for her. Say that again and I'll-" Lucía had to stop herself. She wasn't working a sketchy job anymore. She could calm down.

"Whatever.. when's work done?" Lucía wanted to quickly change the subject. "Actually.. work ended 10 minutes ago" Vince smirked. "Then why'd you tell us to go back to work?" Lucía asked confused.

"Because I'm single and don't want you to be happy. Now go home, I'm already sick of you and it's only been a day" Vince said as he got up. "Ha. single loser" Lucía insulted him as if she was in a relationship.

Lucía took her apron off and put on her iconic  green jacket. "Ready to head out Ams?" Lucía asked her new coworker. "I can leave on my own, and for the last time don't call me Ams" Amelia said irritated. "Fine, sorry Amelia" Lucía apologized before heading out. Amelia felt kind of.. upset? she wanted Lucía to stop calling her by that nickname, but at the same time she found it cute.

Amelia packed up, locked the building and headed to her apartment. When Lucía made it home, she was greeted by Luz jumping on her. "Luz get your ass off of me" Lucía said in a playful tone. "Absolutely not. I'm stuck on you forever" Luz joked.