How Dylan Met Diane

Dylan(13), Diane(13), Dominick(8), Mario(7), Brando(6)

On February 22 of 1918, the now 13 years old Dylan Zuko was walking back home from the store with his younger brothers Dominick, Mario and Brando. They had to pick up something for their mother, Riley Zuko. "I'm glad you came with me, boys." Dylan spoke as he put the money in his pocket before holding Brando's hand.

"No problem big brother!" Dominick replied.

Dylan chuckled at him before spotting a young brunette girl in the dress shop with her mother. Dylan stopped at the window, staring at the girl, feeling butterflies in his stomach.

"Dylan?" Mario asked.

Brando tugs on Dylan's jacket.

"Dillie, are you sick?" He asked.

Dominick and Mario awed at him.

"Dylan?" Dominick asked, snapping Dylan out of his trance.

"Huh?" Dylan asked.

"What are you looking at?" Mario asked.

"A girl." Dylan replied.

The younger boys looked over to see who Dylan was looking at.

"Come on." Dylan said as they walked inside the store. "Dommy, watch Mario and Brando please." Dylan said to his brothers.

Dylan walks over to the girl who was looking at the dresses.

"Uh, hi..." Dylan spoke as the girl turned to him.

Dylan saw how beautiful she was.

"Um...my name is Dylan." He introduced himself. "Dylan Zuko."

He held his hand out for her to shake.

"I'm Diane." Diane replied. "Diane Mebberson."

"It's uh, it's really nice to meet you Diane." Dylan smiled.

"You too!" Diane smiled warmly.

Dylan put his hand in his pocket while rubbing the back of his neck.

"You uh...got any...plans tonight?" He asked.

Diane nods her head.

"Yes, I promised my older sister that I would go see her practice her play next weekend." She tells him. "She says that I am her biggest supporter and...well, I can't say no to that."

They both laughed.

"Yeah, siblings are the greatest." Dylan smiled. "I have 5 baby sisters and 5 baby brothers."

"Wow, that's more than I do." Diane laughs. "I have 1 older brother, 1 older sister, 3 baby brothers and 3 baby sisters."

"Wow!" Dylan chuckled.

"But they're great!" Diane smiled.

"They sure are." Dylan agreed. "In fact, those are my three older baby brothers over there."

They waved to Dylan's brothers who waved them back.

"Awww, they're adorable!" Diane gushed.

"I love being the big brother." Dylan told her.

Diane awed at him.

"Anyway, I gotta get my brothers home before dark." Dylan told her. "Overprotective parents."

Diane lets out a giggle, making Dylan awing at her.

"I'll uh...see you around?" He asked.

Diane kissed his cheek.

"See you around, Dylan." Diane smiled warmly before walking back to her mother.

Dylan watched her leave.

"Dylan Zuko..." He said to himself. "You've just met your future Mrs. Zuko."

He smiled at her when she looked over at him and gave him a smile with a short wave. So he walked over to his brothers and picked Brando up in his arms.

"Got yourself a new girlfriend?" Dominick smirked.

Dylan chuckled at them as they walked out of the store, to head back home. Dylan was head over heels for Diane, of course the girl was completely in love with him.