When Kathleen Met Sharleen

Kathleen(9), Sharleen(8), Kelvin(14), Kolton(12), Kody(6), Leah(24)

On August 16 of 1914, then 9 years old Kathleen Ginger was walking with her older brothers Kelvin and Kolton, along with her younger brother Kody, were walking to the ice cream shop. "Kathy! Look!" Kody pointed towards the park across the street, before looking up at his sister. "Can we please go play?" He asked as Kathleen looked at her second youngest brother, who chuckled at them.

"Alright, but if only you kids promise to stay there until we come back." Kelvin said sternly.

Kathleen smiled at the protectiveness of her older brothers, they were so overprotective of her and her little brothers, but she loves them for it. However, she is very overprotective of her baby brothers as well.

"Don't worry big brother, we'll be alright." Kathleen assured him.

"That's my girl!" Kelvin smiled.

Kathleen fists bumps with her brothers before grabbing Kody's hand as they run across the street to the park.

"Let's go on the slide, Kathy!" Kody exclaimed.

"Ok buddy!" Kathleen smiled at her younger brother.

They both ran over to the slide and climbed up the ladder, Kody sat down while Kathleen sat behind Kody, holding him tight, so they could go down together.

"Ready?" Kathleen asked.

"Let's do it!" Kody cheered.

"Weeee!" They both exclaimed as they slid down the slide.

Kody giggled as they stood up.

"Again!" Kody squealed.

Kathleen awed at her brother.

"Of course buddy!" She smiled.

They ran around, Kody climbed up the ladder while Kathleen stayed, to see a young girl, the same age as her, walking in the park with her mother. She watched them stop while the mother knelt down to her daughter's size.

"Ok baby girl, I'm gonna go order us some ice cream. Ok?" The mother said to her daughter.

The girl nodded her head.

"And then we can go to grandma's house." She adds.

"Ok mommy." The girl spoke.

The mother smiled and kissed her head.

"Good girl." She smiled. "I'll be back in a minute."

The woman stood up and crossed the street to where Kathleen's older brothers were. Kathleen saw the girl walk over to the bench and sat down. The girl seemed sad.

"Come on, Kathy!" Kody called out.

Kathleen looks up at him.

"You keep playing, ok." Kathleen told her.

Kody nodded and slid down while Kathleen ran over to the girl.

"Hi!" Kathleen greeted her.

The girl looks over at her.

"Hello." The girl smiled.

"I'm Kathleen Ginger." Kathleen introduced herself.

"I'm Sharleen Jones." The girl responded.

Kathleen sat down next to her.

"Hi Sharleen, wanna be best friends?" Kathleen asked her.

Sharleen looks up at her surprise.

"Really? You wanna be best friends with me?" She asked her.

Kathleen nods her head.

"Of course!" Kathleen smiled.

Sharleen smiled at her.

"Thank you...so much, Kathleen." Sharleen spoke.

"You are very welcome!" Kathleen replied.

They smiled at each other and then Kathleen looked down to sleeve rolled up, to reveal a bruise on her forearm.

"What happened to your arm?" She asked her.

Sharleen looked down at her arm and then quickly rolled down her sleeves.

"Oh it's nothing!" Sharleen lied. "I was play wrestling with my Uncle and got hurt."

"Ouch." Kathleen spoke.

Sharleen just nodded as Kody ran over to the guys.

"Kathy, our ice creams are here!" Kody pointed towards to see their brothers walking back with their ice creams.

"Yep!" Kathleen smiled. "Oh Sharleen, this is my baby brother Kody. Kody, this my new friend, Sharleen Jones."

"Hi!" Kody beamed.

They awed at him.

"Awww, you're so adorable." Sharleen gushed.

Kody blushed as their brothers came over to them.

"Ice cream time!" Kody cheered.

They chuckled at him while Sharleen's mother, Leah Jones, walked over to them.

"Mommy, I made new friends!" Sharleen smiled.

Leah smiled at her daughter.

"I am so glad, baby girl." She spoke.

"Sharleen, this is my older brothers Kelvin and Kolton Ginger." Kathleen introduced her brothers to Sharleen. "Guys, this is my new best friend, Sharleen Jones!" She smiled.

Kelvin and Kolton chuckled at her.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Sharleen." Kelvin smiled.

Kolton sat down next to Sharleen, letting Kody sit on his lap, so Kody could eat his ice cream.

"This is my mother, Leah Jones." Sharleen introduced her mother to the gingers' siblings.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Jones." Kelvin said, shaking her hand.

"You too." Leah smiled.

Leah sat down on the bench, to let Sharleen sit on her lap while Kathleen sat on Kelvin's lap, while they got to know more about Kathleen's new best friend, Sharleen and her mother, Leah.