Epilogue

Darkness.

That was all Aemond saw, or rather what didn't let him see anything around him at first.

The abyss stretched beyond infinity and the silence was loud; ironic.

The only thing audible was his slow breathing.

"Aemond?"

The boy turned toward where that sound came from, that very sweet and gentle voice which he'd recognise anywhere.

"Adira?"

A dim light flickered in the distance, slowly brightening until it resembled a flame. The light grew brighter and brighter until Aemond had to cover his eyes.

"Aemond" she called out again.

This time he felt her cold hands on his arms that shielded his eyes. He dropped his hands to his sides as he looked at his beloved, her face radiant and her eyes filled with warmth once again as opposed to the last time he'd seen them.

She was clothed in an ivory gown and her hair was let down in its natural state. He was no longer standing amidst a void of nothingness, but some how, was in the middle of a field with tall grass and a few flowers.

Adira took his hands, inching closer before she smiled.

"I see you've retrieved your eye" Adira pointed out.

Aemond blinked and realised that blind spot he'd grown so accustomed to was now non existent.

"You're not-" he found it difficult to put into words what he was feeling "you're here"

"I'm here" she assured as she went on her toes to gently kiss his lips.

"Where are we?" He asked, looking around at his surroundings rather confused.

"Far from the busy life at court" Adira chuckled "relieved of our duties"

"For how long?" He asked, knowing well enough the answer.

"We don't have to go back" the girl told him as she pulled him further towards the fields "come on, I have to show you something"

Aemond followed after her, holding her hand firmly.

"Don't leave me" he managed a weak smile.

"Never"