Chapter Thirteen

Adira had lost count of how many cups of wine she'd drowned.

She was proud of herself though, that she managed to steer clear from her father and brothers. And still walk without tripping over her own footing.

She walked away, pretending to greet someone in the distance everytime she noticed one of her suitors trying to approach her.

"Adira!" Aegon swung an arm around the girl as she passed him, a chalice of wine still in her hand "I never took you to be a person fond of drinking"

"I'm not" Adira snapped as she took a sip of her drink "but it's my name day so I'm making an exception!"

Aegon chuckled at the way Adira was slurring with her words.

"I'll tell you what" the Prince began to walk away from the hall and toward the doors "I know an amazing place that serves the best wine I've had in king's landing"

"Really? Where?" Adira walked out the doors, Aegon still holding on to her

"It's in the city, I can sneak you out the castle. Let me go get us something less um" Aegon paused to think of a word "fancy"

"You expect me to wear rags on my name day?" Adira asked. Her cheeks were starting to heat up due to the amount of wine she drank.

"Well yes, that's the only way we can leave the castle I'm afraid" Aegon explained "we won't get caught that way"

"Ugh alright finee" Adira slurred "oh and by the way, your brother is the most annoying person in all of the seven kingdoms"

"Yes I know" Aegon snickered at the random comment "and you most likely are to be his wife. Why many I ask though, do you find him annoying?"

"He is so confusing and then he proceeds to make me confused" Adira waved her arms around as she spoke "and he's just so complicated"

"Do you truly want to marry me?"

"I- well I mean my father-"

"I'm not asking if your father wants this wedding" Adira huffed in annoyance "I'm going to be marrying you, not him"

"I'm too tired right now and I think I drank a little too much" Aemond tried to find his way out of the conversation "I'm going to retire to my chambers for the night"

"So that's your response?" Adira was losing her temper "you don't want me to marry someone else and yet you have no intention of wanting to marry me either"

"No that's not-"

"Get out"

"Ah yes he's a handful to manage sometimes" Aegon agreed "but he would make a fine husband I can assure you, he will keep you content, both emotionally and physically"

"What's that supposed to mean"

"You'll know on your wedding night" Aegon patted her arm "now, let's head out into the city and drink to your engagement"

"Engagement?" Adira questioned with disgust "I haven't agreed to marry him yet"

"Well then we'll drink to the proposal he'll make on the morrow" Aegon waved her off "which I'm hoping he'll do or I'll set him on fire"

"Will you please shut up?"

A door swung open and Aemond stepped out, frustrated by all the noise in the hallway. He had retired his formal attire that he wore to the feast and had changed into a loose cream shirt and some brown pants that would make a much better option to sleep in.