A surprise

Sophie's POV

I groaned, knowing how humiliating this would be when Luna and Wynn sprinted toward the Gorgodon's cage before Grady could stop them.  He grumbled and chased after them, calling over his shoulder that he would talk to us later.

"Well I should probably go before Grady come back," he said, hugging me and then stepping into the glimmering light.

I sighed, not blaming him for leaving, and looked at the trinket he had given me.  It was a gold necklace twined with diamonds and a golden locket on the bottom.  I opened it and smiled at what was inside.

Someone cleared their throat and I looked up to find Grady standing next to Calla's tree.

"You realize I'm going to hail Fitz as soon as we finish having our talk," he said, his voice even.  I nodded, hoping Edaline would convince him otherwise.

*Time Skip after Grady's talk*

I rushed inside and reached out to Fitz.

A/N Fitz is Italic, Sophie is underline

I wouldn't answer anyone on your imparter for a long time.  Grady said he was going to hail you.

Thanks for the warning but it's too late he already gave me his "Talk".

Sorry about not warning you earlier.

Eh, it's fine.  Everyone will eventually know about us.

Yeah probably.  See you later at Foxfire!

See you at Foxfire!

Sandor looked at me questioningly as our minds disconnected but didn't ask anything as he did his regular sweep of the room.  Flori walked into the room as I finally just finished updating Amy on what happened.  Actually, it was more like her asking way too many questions about Fitz and me.

"Sorry, Amy got to go!" I said relieved as Flori put the clothes on the bed.

"What are these for?" I asked curiously, swinging my legs off the bed and giving Flori my full attention.

"Oh, just some new battle clothes since you outgrew some of the old ones.  Also since I noticed you didn't have any things besides gray stuff so I decided you wanted variety," she said as she gestured toward the huge pile of gowns.

I groaned and said, "You know how much I hate gowns."

"Well, I did it for variety and some other reasons that I prefer to keep secret."  She went to my closet, expertly balancing the tall stack of clothes on her head.

I was just about to ask Sandor if I could go get some Mallowmelt when I heard someone rush up the stairs.   Sandor moved out of the way as Biana slid into my room, managing to look gracefully as she came to a stop near my bed.

"What do you want now Bi?" I asked,  preparing for the worst.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping in Atlantis.  Marella, me and Della wanted to go shopping and then I thought to invite you!"

I was internally groaning but put on a smile and hoped for the best.

"Sure!" I said as Flori emerged from my closet and went to go do whatever she was doing before.  I got on some black leggings with a gray jerkin.  Biana frowned at me and said, "You need better clothes than that.  Like way better.  Like this one!" she said, showing me the frilliest gown I had ever seen.

I made a mental note to burn that as soon as I was done shopping and put it on.

"Perfect," she said happily as we walked downstairs and found Della in the living room.

"Marella had to go," Della explained, standing up and pulling out a crystal.  We huddled together and lept to Atlantis.

When we arrived I hoped for the best but my hopes were soon diminished as we went shopping after shop after shop.  We finally ended up each with a couple of tons' worth of clothes.  I hurriedly said bye to them and after putting away all the clothes and putting on some comfortable clothes I went outside to burn the dress.  That soon turned out to be a horrible idea because Wynn and Luna wanted to play in the fire.  After a day of wrestling stubborn alicorn babies away from other dangerous objects, I was spent. 

"You could have just asked me to hold them," Sandor said as I went to get the grass out of my hair.

"And why didn't you offer to help me with this before?!" I asked/yelled, stopping halfway up the stairs.  He started to burst out in laughter but soon stopped as he went tumbling down the stairs with my telekinesis.  

"Look who's laughing now," I said triumphantly as I made him stay on the floor.  I took my time going up the stairs.  After I washed my hair and was looking for something else to get even with Sandor I heard a knock on my door.  I looked around and saw Edaline in the doorway.

"What's Sandor doing on the floor?" she asked.

"Oh, we got in a sort of fight and then I left him there." 

"Ok," she said as she turned to left, "Want to help me make some dinner?"

"Sure!"  With that we both headed downstairs where we saw Sandor laying on the floor silently, admitting defeat.

"Why don't you go talk to Grizel about when you have to do the dancing."  He instantly started shaking his head and I added, "It's the only way I'll let you go."

After a couple of minutes of him being stubbornly annoying, he finally agreed to go find Grizel and do the punishment.

We went into the kitchen and spent at least an hour making a ton of food and desserts.  After making a few desserts I heard the door ring.  I put down what I was making and went to the door.

When I opened it I found Annabeth waiting at the door.

"How did you get here?" I asked, surprised.

"I have absolutely no clue.  I think Alden called it light leaping.  Apparently, I can do it without dying."

"Let me guess he said, "You have no reason to worry.""

"Yep!  By the way, why haven't you put up lights?  The latest we put them up was like the beginning of December."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, wondering where this conversation was heading.

"You don't know about Christmas?" she asked, sounding shocked.  Well, no wonder I haven't seen any gift wrap!  You should try it out one day."

A/N: Sorry for the weird ending.  I try to make all of my chapters/parts 1000 words. 

Merry early Christmas!!