My soulmate is a thief.

This is an au, no aura, grimm or salem. Emerald is still a thief and Ruby is a detective.
_________________________________________

Ruby was excited the day she meet her. She'd been waiting her whole life to meet her soulmate. She was not one bit disappointed to meet lovely green haired woman.

Where as Emerald was dismayed to meet Ruby at first. She didn't see them as having anything in common, plus Emerald was really a criminal and Ruby was the person who catches criminals, a detective with the police force.

As the days go on though the duo becomes closer. Eventually they start going on dates and move in together. However Emerald never tell Ruby her secret. Then came the day that Emerald got caught.

Ruby was sitting at her desk talking with a fellow detective, Blake, about a case they were working on when her phone rang. It was her friend Jaune. "Hey, Vomit boy. What's up?", Ruby said into her phone happily.

"Ruby we have a problem you're not gonna like. We caught a thief in the act. Well you know them. Can you come to interrogation rooms?", Jaune said sounding serious. It caused Ruby's smile to drop. "Yeah. I'll be there in a minute.", Ruby told him hung up.

'Who could I know that would be a thief?', Ruby thought as she walked to where Jaune asked. She saw him standing outside of the door to the room where they could observe the interrogation looking solemn. He opened the door and waved her in without speaking.

She entered the room and looked at the two way mirror to see Emerald sitting on the other side. "What? Why Emerald in there?", Ruby asked Jaune as he closed the door. Jaune looked down at her and said, "Because she is the thief we caught in the act of breaking into a jewelry store."

At first Ruby thought he was joking but when Jaune didn't laugh. She gasped in horror. "My soulmate is a thief. I'm in love with a thief.", she said feeling like crying. Jaune pulled her in for a hug and she let her tears break through.